My Rawtherapee crashes on every open on mac and I cannot find the cache/config folders.

My Rawtherapee is bugged out and freezes on open. I want to blast away my config and cache folders to fix it.

None of the folder listed in this page exist on my mac system. Where do they actually exist?

https://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/File_Paths

The file paths documentation is up-to-date. Perhaps RawTherapee froze before it got the chance to create the config folder. Is it a fresh install?

/Library/Containers/RawTherapee/Data/Library/Application Support/RawTherapee/ should be the correct location for the official release. Paths page linked above updated.
If you end up generating a system crash report, let us know.

When and why did it change? This would have caused problems for everyone upgrading due to the existing configuration not being carried over.

The path comes about thanks to sandboxing, which protects the Library folder by containerizing the app data. Sandboxing is enabled for the notarization requirements.

The path my was found at was not quite the same as yours…

/Library/Containers/com.rawtherapee.RawTherapee/Data/Library/Application Support/RawTherapee

So it changed in 5.7. I guess that’s long ago enough that it no longer makes sense to fix the settings preservation.