Request to Add Traditional Chinese (繁體中文) Translation

Dear Siril developers,

I am a Siril user who would like to see Traditional Chinese (Chinese (Traditional), zh-TW) added as a translation option for the Siril software.

I noticed that while Siril uses the Weblate platform to manage translations into various languages, there is currently no Traditional Chinese translation available.

As a Chinese-speaking user, I would greatly appreciate if you could consider adding Traditional Chinese as a supported language in Siril. This would make the software more accessible and usable for Chinese users like myself who prefer the Traditional Chinese character set.

I understand the effort required to add a new language translation, but I believe it would benefit the global Siril community to have this option available. Many users in Taiwan, Hong Kong, and other regions rely on Traditional Chinese in their daily computing.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need any assistance with this request. I would be happy to contribute to the translation effort if needed.

Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to seeing Traditional Chinese added to Siril in the future.

Best regards,
SCYang

1 Like

Hello, if you sign up and log into Weblate, you should be able to add zh-TW yourself and start translating.

Hello. You can start the translation :).
Thanks a lot: Siril/Siril Application — Chinese (Traditional) @ Weblate: AAVSO parameters

And you can also start the documentationtranslation as well :smile:

Note that your input encoding needs to be UTF-8 or else weblate will have a meltdown!

1 Like