1st official pixls.us video meeting on December 5, 1800 UTC

Bri (@ChicagoCameraslinger) used to do live editing sessions which I think were well received. I’ll get a social post up soon about it to alert others. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, so I was wondering whether we should use our old jitsi pixls.us lounge room or create a new link/room. We don’t know how many people would really want to participate. It would be a little awkward if the old jitsi room was already full 1 hour before the meeting. But I guess we can create a new room anytime.
I was thinking that we could create a new room for every meeting and use the link just for that meeting. Besides, if there are some people during the meeting who want to talk about something else they could use the old room.
As far as livestreaming etc is concerned, I am more or less relying on everybody else, especially @patdavid. In theory I can do it but I have never done it.

You can do whatever you’d like for the jitsi room. I don’t think jitsi is like chat where everyone idles in a room, generally when the meeting is done, everyone leaves. :slight_smile:

I should be able to make it but I have a local LUG online meeting right before this one.

I can start up a room with any name that you want for the URL - just let me know tomorrow.
I can also setup the livestreaming portion of it. My daughter is having a birthday simultaneously so hopefully I can participate without too many distractions.

2 Likes

I have created a new room. I will share the link here at approximately 1745 UTC.

4 Likes
2 Likes

I joined for a while (watching the youtube stream). Thanks for organising this! It was nice seeing your faces and hearing the voices behind the user names and avatars.
Next time I might be able to join the meeting as well.
Stay safe & have fun!
Kofa / István (a Hungarian living in Zürich)

2 Likes

I had to cut out early, but than you @betazoid for organizing and emceeing this, it was cool! And thank you to the presenters for taking the time.

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for the video meeting! It was a great idea and the first one was fantastic.

It was great to see you all and to learn a bunch of new things. Looking forward to the next one!

3 Likes

Thanks to all presenters and Anna also for organizing. Learned a lot. Let’s do it again!

6 Likes

@patdavid The Youtube live stream cut off before McCap’s presentation was well underway. Did someone record the full session so that it can be posted for viewing? I’d appreciate that.

Thanks to Anna and Pat for putting this together, and for the presenters and participants for doing an excellent job.

5 Likes

Thanks to all the presenters, and specially to @betazoid for moving this forward! It was nice to put some faces and voices to the avatars :slight_smile:
I hope this can turn into a regular thing, there is a huge difference in the interactions, questions, etc. when things can be done “live”.

5 Likes

Well done Anna and Pat. I really enjoyed virtually meeting with others in the community. Karl’s presentation is immediately useful to me as I use Hugin regularly. Although I don’t use darktable, Anna’s presentation opened my eyes to some editing techniques I didn’t know existed. McCap’s presentation on colour toning was really interesting from the perspective of keeping connected to industry trends and knowing how to use the techniques. Thanks, and looking forward to the next meeting.

4 Likes

Thank you for participating!

pat_meme

5 Likes

Pat was this recorded. I had to work and didn’t get a chance to check it out…thanks everyone for sharing your knowledge…hope I get a chance to check it out…

1 Like

@David_Tschumperle I have been meaning to make a meme filter for some time but haven’t gotten around to it yet. @patdavid could definitely sub in as our real life Gandalf.

@betazoid Although I was only able to pop in for a short while, I loved it. 1sts become 2nds become 10ths, etc. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Hi all! So sorry for the delay (it was my daughter’s birthday party that afternoon and I had to run to do cake). The link for the livestream can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v18pIyh_sKs

I realize that the stream had cut out just before @McCap was supposed to present, and I did go in and restart the livestream. Apparently it didn’t work for some reason - so I don’t have the presentation given by @McCap :anguished:. I’m very sorry.

I’m not actually sure what caused the stream to cut off, but I’ll try some other things for the next session.

THANK YOU again to everyone that made it out and provided informative and insightful discussions! I know I learned a few things and it really is awesome to be able to interact with everyone live. Loved to see y’all and we should start planning for the next one soon!

3 Likes