A skin smoothing showcase using RawTherapee's Local adjustements

I’m using aurman, but it’s not important. Git version is installed on my work comp, and don’t updated long time, but unstable was updated every day in a long time. What is important for me - that this feature is in realization.

Hello,

I did try the local adjustment many months ago. The UI was clearly not finished and hard to use. I did not have time to try the many improvemnt from these last months since.
I’ll try to get a try now as it seems to be far more “polished” yet.
I’m curious to see if “carafife” will do something on this subject. He’s doing a great job on darktable & GIMP. It’s a great thing that he’s starting to make some tutoriel for RT in french !

Michaël

1 Like

Did the local spot tool make it into 5.8? I’m using it on Arch and don’t see the ‘hand’ editing tab…

It’s not even in the development version, yet. But it will be included soon (hopefully)

1 Like

We are working hard on it, as you can see here

5 Likes

Understood - looking forward to it and thanks for your work!

1 Like

I was so happy to see this tutorial, than I looked myself silly for the RT spot tool. It appears it doesn’t exist in RT? An alternative? Otherwise this great tutorial seems mostly and unfortunately obsolete.

It’s in the development build. You can download it here Release Automated Builds · Beep6581/RawTherapee · GitHub

2 Likes

Note also that my tutorial is quite old and probably obsolete, the “Local lab” tool having evolved a lot since then.

2 Likes