Adding a "Suggestions" sub-category to Meta?

Not sure if this makes sense or not, but it might be nice to have a “suggestions” or “tips” area for folks to recommend articles they’d like to see, or (even better) like to write?

Not sure if many know about it, but posts can also be marked as wiki posts. This gives (almost) anyone the ability to modify a topic post just like a wiki article. Seems like this might make a nice workflow for collaborating on an article or post?

This way the conversation can happen in the topic replies, while the work can be conducted on the main topic item collaboratively.

Any thoughts?

1 Like

This is in my opinion a very good idea, in particular if you would then be able to easily translate the wiki into an article.

We could for example try this out on the color management topic (on which I must admit I’ve not progressed much for now). What do you think?

@Morgan_Hardwood made a good point in the irc channel that empty categories can suck, so at the moment I am not going to make a separate sub-category just for this. (If there are many posts/requests around this, then we can reconsider later and break out a separate sub-category as needed).

This doesn’t mean that we don’t want to put requests and ideas down, though! So, we can absolutely start a topic in the main Meta section on color management to try it out! We can invite Elle also, as she seemed ok with joining us here to work.

There was a topic started at some point, but it went quickly down in the list…