Adding Support for New Raw Formats : RICOH GR III

I’m using this GRIII profile with look table off as well.
It seems like the blue channel is blowing out or the white point isnt correct or something when look table is on, i cant get it right with look table on.
I still use the profile as looks better than the standard camera profile but with look table and tone curve off and use auto tone curve.

Blue channel is blown out or white point isn’t correct or something?

Have a look at Nosle example photos above. They show too much blue/cyan.

Imagine a properly exposed blue sky.
Turn on the look table and the blue chanel on histogram will shift right as if over exposed.
The blue sky will visibly change cyan in the brightest areas as if over exposed.

quick edit with examples

I always turn off the look table. You can always play with colors directly within RT, with control over the look you want to get.
Just base table + baseline exposure are fine in my opinion.

@moose upload a few shots, both daylight and incandescent, so that I can take a look. They need to cover a wide variety of natural colors as well as artificial, e.g. human skin, a bouquet of flowers, cars in a parking lot. If https://filebin.net doesn’t work then use Google Drive or anything which doesn’t require me to register.

@Morgan_Hardwood

Probably best to download the raw files needed from here. lots of jpg or dng files of various subjects.

1 Like

@moose I tested using many images from Imaging Resource when making the profile and found no issues. None of them showed the over-saturation visible in your cropped screenshots (when reporting issues, never crop screenshots, as you’re cropping potentially important information). I am aware of photographyblog, but it’s extremely slow and seems to limit downloads to one at a time, and I just don’t have time to download many images at under 30kB/s in series. If you don’t want to upload several problematic images, I’m happy to leave this and spend time on other things.

Worth noting, the color matrices embedded in the DNGs from this camera vary.

1 Like

I think the download speed is annoying, but it is about communicating succinctly as well. None of us are paid support people, we do this in our free time. Posting a specific image that exhibits the problem that one has will save everyone a lot of time an effort. Digging through a bunch of random images tryng to find the one is frustrating.

2 Likes