Advice/Experience with Wacom and darktable / photo editing in general?

there is game controller support in imgui/vkdt (not sure xpano uses it). in my experience it’s great to browse through collections and do very minor adjustments (exposure, maybe crop). the big plus is that you can sit on the sofa without a table to put keyboard/mouse on top. i’d usually go back to mouse/keyboard for more accurate edits (or maybe wacom/pentablet to draw masks).

1 Like

I have had RSI issues myself
Whatever gadget I used was in the same slightly disfunctional way so all became problematic
Good physio, egoscue method, feldenkrais method , structural yoga therapy and alexander technique have all helped so I hope you don’t mind me passing this on
Still issues but my drawing skills, pool game and overall health have improved as a result

I use an old wacom with Mypaint and Gimp, minimum grip strength to hold the pen helps me

Thanks for your feedback, I think I will give it (and also vkldt) a try.

I bought a tenkeyless keyboard a year ago because I came to the same conclusion about reaching too far. I also got a vertical mouse. Both have helped, but of course they are not a full cure. I also considered the Contour Rollermouse because not having to move your hands away from the keyboard position seems like the best solution in general. But reviews of it are mixed and it’s really pricey for what it is.

Frequent breaks, lots of stretching and getting in plenty of physical exercise seems to be the best strategy. But finding time for everything is not easy!

darktable fully supports game controllers via SDL2. Buttons and joystick moves (up/down, left/right and diagonally) can be assigned to any action or slider.
https://darktable-org.github.io/dtdocs/en/preferences-settings/shortcuts/

1 Like