AI based raw denoise

See: Color Management - RawPedia. Note I don’t know what has changed in ART.

I believe he means as your output profile when you export…

Mine is currently sRGB as I mostly look at edits on a PC

Yeah, I normally do too. The screenshot above shows the options I get when I click the Output Profile dropdown. I don’t see Rec2020 as an option. Going to check RawTherapee and see if that has it, since it’s in the documentation @afre referenced.

Its in my list… image001.png

It’s inclusion was after ART forked, though I am sure it could be easily rectified.

That’s ART, not RawTherapee? And what version? I’m still on 1.15. I do see one commit in the ChangeLog related to output color profiles, so maybe that’s what I’m missing. I’ll try to update tomorrow and see if it appears. Otherwise maybe @agriggio can help me figure out what I’m missing.

Rec2020 is included in 1.16. but you can also try with prophoto. Otherwise, you can get a rec2020 profile in a number of different ways, e.g. from Elle Stone’s ICC profiles collection (search Elle’s ICC profiles on GitHub).
Note that I’m not sure what was used to train the network, but there’s a chance it was simply sRGB, and that’s why having a profile with a transfer function / “gamma” that is close to that gives better results (but I’m just speculating here)

2 Likes

I upgraded to 1.16.1, and now I have Rec2020. Thanks.

1 Like