Aligning Images with Hugin

My Debian install doesn’t have those.

Maybe its only in debian stable?

@houz - Only some Debian architectures have the mp versions. In particular not in the i386 packages. Still showing >100% CPU utilisation running Enfuse inside Hugin. Although Nona stitcher seems to be the heaviest user.

Debian Jessie has an enfuse-mp in the enfuse package, while Stretch only has an enfuse that was built with OpenMP enabled, so it’s basically enfuse-mp (now by default).

HTH
Flössie

Ah, that would explain it as I always run Sid. I am too dense to remember the other names. :slight_smile:

https://pixls.us/articles/aligning-images-with-hugin/Outdoor_Beach_Umbrella.zip ← 404

1 Like

@bazza I just tried it an it works for me.

I just got the 404 also. I’ll look into it shortly. Thank you!

Fixed it last night - should be good now!

Select the Optimizer tab.

Nice walk-through but I haven’t got an “Optimizer” tab. In the “View” menu, I see one but it is disabled (same for “Exposure”). Am I missing something? If I skip this step, the final images don’t see to be “corrected”. Using Hugin 2019.0.0.a369cbe55179.

Are you using the “Expert” view?

Yes I am.

Maybe it has gone away and we need to update this tutorial!

It is still there but disabled, so I assume that somewhere Hugin thinks that I don’t need it.

I’ll try to have a look today.

I am using Hugin for the first time and followed the above step-by-step instructions (thanks for putting this together!). However, when I got to this step “Select Optimize now! and wait for the software to finish the calculations” I got an error message that says:

“There are no control points in the current configuration for the optimizer. Please add control points before running the optimizer. Optimization canceled.”

I’m not sure how to proceed. Any help would be appreciated.

@eli318 you need to find control points first, then optimize those points.

Thanks for the quick reply. Sure, that makes sense based on the message I got. Because I am so new to the program, I don’t know how that is done. Can you point me to instructions on that part?

On the Photos tab, near the bottom, there is a button called Create Control Points.

We may need to revisit this tutorial, as I think hugin has changed slightly since this was authored.

Got it. Thanks!