Any M42 fanatics around?

My genre of choice is street photography. In our world, we don’t do ‘sharp’ — a lot of the time, we don’t even do ‘in focus’ (or ‘colour,’ for that matter).

:wink:

3 Likes

@chaimav

Helios 44M-4, developed in RawTherapee-5.9dev, ladenoise_improv-release branch.


Model = Pentel Graphgear 1000 mechanical pencil for 0.4mm lead.

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

1 Like

I raise your Helios shot sheep with this one :wink:


This is a small breed (Ouessan’s sheep)
Shot on a full frame camera with a Yashica DX 50mm 1.7
The crop is the full width** left part of the frame (so you have corners) and it was probably shot @ F2.8
Compared to the Helios 44-m-2 I own, the Yashica is sharper at compares aperture and event stepped down to f1.7
Although it can exhibit swirly bokeh in certain condition and is prone to lens flare, the quality of the images is rather good and almost consistent right to the corners of the frame.
Short version : I really like this lens :smiley:

**Edit : full height

4 Likes

@Claes the -4 is supposed be sharper (and less swirly) than the -2.
Here is one from my -2

4 Likes

I came across this interesting article a while ago; it may be useful for those unfamiliar with the different versions of the Helios:

3 Likes