Anybody Running Darktable with Intel Arc A750 in Windows 11

Greetings,

In Settings/Processing… all the OpenCL options are greyed out.

I just upgraded from GTX1060 to A750.
Intel Arc seems to be directed at newer/future hardware/software.
I am wondering if I made a mistake and should have purchased a RTX.
I am aware that in the gaming community they are happy with ARC on the latest software but ARC does not support older games.
Would this be the case with darktable being an older app?
Is DT going to support new hardware?
Thanks

The card is reported to be running well under Linux.

What does darktable-cltest report at the command-line?

Might be a driver issue?? Should support opencl…

Where it falls on comparable cards at least from one source here…

Im not sure what version of DT/OS etc but what if you try to run DT from a fresh configuration so every thing is default and recreated… Run DT with the - configdir “path” command line modifier and point it to an empty directory (that would be the path location)…it will create all new fresh config files… is it enabled now??

Years ago, darktable blacklisted all Intel cards for OpenCL. Back in 2018 I submitted a PR that removed the blacklist for Linux only because I could confirm that Intel’s new NEO drivers worked OK and could also provide information as to why the original rationale for blacklisting was no longer appropriate, but could not confirm whether or not the blacklist could be safely removed for Windows.

common/opencl_drivers_blacklist: Only blacklist NEO on Windows by Entropy512 · Pull Request #2797 · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub - this enabled OCL on Intel in Linux.

As of today, NEO is still blacklisted on Windows - darktable/opencl_drivers_blacklist.h at master · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub

i don’t think you bought a bad card.

disclaimer: i know nothing about wind0ws, let alone 11.

but i have tested an a770 on linux though, and i think it’s a good card. i only ran vulkan compute (which is conceptually very similar to opencl compute, but the driver is essentially the same as used for games). i really like the 16G memory and the high bandwidth. that said i had to compile mesa from some git branch and install a self-compiled release candidate kernel (which i hadn’t done in years) to try and get more recent driver features out of it at all (in particular ray tracing). while not a requirement for image processing it kinda shows the state of the driver. had some intermittend artifacts showing up even for standard 2d image processing compute. i still think this will settle in software soon.