Anyone know how to access n-point deformation.

I’ll premise this by stating I’m using samj’s portable build so it may not have been included in this build. :slight_smile:

Maybe @samj knows

What OS are you using? In Windows, for the normal Gimp 2.10, right-click on the gimp shortcut and go to properties. Use a switch… Add ‘–show-playground’ after the target path with a space between them like so => “C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\bin\gimp-2.10.exe” --show-playground. Then go to the [Edit → Preferences → Playground]-tab in gimp and there you shall find the “playground” tab. Enable N-Point deformation tool from there.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info, Ben. For samj’s portable, the extension won’t work, but if you dig for the GIMP executable, you can get this to work but none of the GIMP plugins will work (get lots and lots of errors, but eventually you can get to where you can enable n-point deformation. Not sure why, when you close GIMP and then run the portable shortcup, the n-point deformation is no longer there again. Oh well; will, again wait for samj to answer this query; there may have been issues that prevent this feature from being enabled for portable use. :slight_smile:

Rich posted the solution at GIMPChat that works with the portable. Happy I am now. :slight_smile:

Samj's GIMP 2.10 final released - Page 3 • GIMP Chat

1 Like

Bonjour,
I think it was experimental on the Gimp versions in development…
Thanks to Rich for making this function reappear :o)

And thanks a heap for your effort and ideas too, samj. Now if only I can find someone to compile pspi for 64-bit. lolol

:slight_smile:

Can’t Thank you enough!Thank you