are the OBS repos for darktable dead?

Debian bug reporting system is apsolute mystery for me. I am also not sure what to specify in terms of content. Is there anyone who uses/develops debian that can help us here?

After installing mlir-15-tools the next error pops up:

[  363s] CMake Error at /usr/lib/llvm-15/lib/cmake/llvm/LLVMExports.cmake:1634 (message):
[  363s]   The imported target "MLIRSupportIndentedOstream" references the file
[  363s] 
[  363s]      "/usr/lib/llvm-15/lib/libMLIRSupportIndentedOstream.a"
[  363s] 
[  363s]   but this file does not exist.  Possible reasons include:
[  363s] 
[  363s]   * The file was deleted, renamed, or moved to another location.
[  363s] 
[  363s]   * An install or uninstall procedure did not complete successfully.
[  363s] 
[  363s]   * The installation package was faulty and contained
[  363s] 
[  363s]      "/usr/lib/llvm-15/lib/cmake/llvm/LLVMExports.cmake"
[  363s] 
[  363s]   but not all the files it references.
[  363s] 
[  363s] Call Stack (most recent call first):
[  363s]   /usr/lib/llvm-15/cmake/LLVMConfig.cmake:328 (include)
[  363s]   CMakeLists.txt:315 (find_package)

Do they use their own packages?
Which package provides libMLIRSupportIndentedOstream.a?

It’s libmlir-15-dev in Debian…

On Ubuntu 22.04:

https://ubuntu.pkgs.org/22.04/ubuntu-updates-main-amd64/libmlir-15-dev_15.0.6-3~ubuntu0.22.04.2_amd64.deb.html

[  770s] CMake Error at /usr/lib/llvm-15/lib/cmake/llvm/LLVMExports.cmake:1634 (message):
[  770s]   The imported target "sancov" references the file
[  770s] 
[  770s]      "/usr/lib/llvm-15/bin/sancov"
[  770s] 
[  770s]   but this file does not exist.

The next one, this is all totally broken.

clang-tools-15?

Basically, probably need to keep checking through this list: Ubuntu – Details of source package llvm-toolchain-15 in jammy-updates

in the past the llvm-dev/clang-dev pulled all those packages automatically
this is kinda whack-a-mole now. if a cmake file in which is in llvm-15-dev is looking for tools. then the tool should be requires by llvm-15-dev. it is as simple as that.

… just pass -DTESTBUILD_OPENCL_PROGRAMS=OFF ?

As somebody already suggested, raise bug(s) w/ Ubuntu/Debian, complaining here is of little use.

darix and I are neither Ubuntu/Debian user nor packagers. If someone cares about that, they should report it, I wont do it.

I will try, thanks!

Checked now OBS master snapshot for UBUNTU is still showing
darktable 4.3.0~git1231.8d70e284-1+9458.1
copyright (c) 2009-2023 johannes hanika

2 Likes

For which Ubuntu version? Only 22.10 can currently build darktable …

1 Like

Hello,
For your information, while looking for a solution for Debian 11, I had a general bug :frowning:
In order not to have to update in two weeks, I installed Ubuntu 23.04 (beta). To be able to use the OBS packages (22.10) I had to add the “libicu71” package and DT works perfectly.
https://packages.ubuntu.com/kinetic/amd64/libicu71/download
Greetings from Brussels,
Christian

@asn @darix Btw, why not enable libavif for OBS builds? A suitable version seems to be available for all except prior to Ubuntu 22.04…

debian builds do not support distro version conditional build deps. the rpm has it iirc.

Ah, too bad about debs - I guess it’s going to be a long while until those get deprecated (why? 21.04 and 21.10 are EOL’d, no?) and this can be added then?! Anyhow, I’m not an xUbuntu user so won’t loose sleep over this…

Thanks, indeed Fedoras and Tumbleweed are ok, but not Leap 15.4 (-DUSE_AVIF=OFF), I think it could be enabled there, why the 15.5 limit?

P.S. Also seem to be missing libheif-devel for Fedora (can be potentially enabled now as RPMFusion ships the separate plugins)…

just fyi, the 22.10 package works fine on newly released (k)ubuntu 23.04

23.04 should be setup in OBS but needs to be enabled on the darktable projects.

1 Like