ART feature requests and discussion

OK thanks for your help…

Hi,
@agriggio I would have two requests to add, would it be possible to:
1 / change the color of the black frame around the photo in the editor, to select a neutral gray for example
2 / limit the zoom of the mouse in the editor to 100% with an option

and again well done for all the work done.

Hi,

That’s already there, there’s even a shortcut in fact… Just hit 9

I’ll see what I can do, but this is not high priority for me, so you might have to wait…

great, I had to pass by, thank you !

No worries I understand, there are the keyboard shortcuts, but I’m not too comfortable with that. It will be when you have the time. Thanks again.

@agriggio
Having a look at Having trouble with my sky blueness . . . ., I uploaded ER6_4832.DNG and ER6_4832.CR3

There is a black strip on the left and bottom. Is it due to a bad raw crop?

Opening the two files, I remark that the Camera WB is different for the two files. Do you know where it comes from? I was not able to find the value in the exif data.

Thanks to have a look.

Should be fixed now

Hi @agriggio

In the Rotate tool, click and drag shows a dotted line with the number of degrees of the line being drawn. In the Perspective Correction tool, when adding control lines, no dotted line is shown when the tool is being used to draw lines - only when you let go of the end of the line does the line become visible.

Is it possible to make the control line visible before you let go?

Many thanks

Barry

It seems that there is still a discrepancy between DNG and CR3 WB.
Profile is neutral.

For CR3 I find those information
WB RGGB Levels As Shot : 1849 1024 1024 1633
Color Temp As Shot : 4877

For the DNG, I suppose WB is stored here :
As Shot Neutral : 0.553813 1 0.627067

I have not the understanding of how we go from WB_RGGBLevelsAsshot to AsShotNeutral and to ART WB multipliers.
Thanks

They actually represent the same information. Both represent the proportional adjustment of R and B using G as the anchor. The DNG is rather straightforward in that regard, as those numbers can be directly applied to the image as a multiplication. The CR3 numbers are for the raw bayer pattern (RGGB), and if you divide the R into either G you get 0.553813, and B into either G gives you 0.627067.

Goofy, no? :smiley:

Edit: Oh and to provide some insight into the behavior you depicted, I’d surmise that ART isn’t decoding the CR3 numbers well, although libraw delivers them as multipliers…

Do you have the latest version of exiftool? Can you try clearing your cache as well? Thanks!

I should have the last version of exiftool and I should have deleted the cache.
Rechecking and retesting.

@agriggio
I have the lest exiftool version 12.16 and deleted the cache. I get the same result.

And how you compute the RGB multipliers please?

Look at the DNG RGB numbers, 0.553813,1.0,0.627067. The R and B numbers from the RGGB calculation are the same.

Strange, it works here… I’ll check again

Also, can you share the arp? Thanks!

I rechecked again and there was a mishap in my build procedure.
When using actually 12.16 it works.
Sorry for the noise and thanks again.

1 Like

With regard to Local Editing, is there currently available a way to add an Excluding Spot within any of the masking features? One where a polygon or other free hand technique could be used to isolate the area. There are instances where the area to be excluded is too close in color to the area that is to be changed. I think that the brush mask is the closest tool for this at the moment.

There is a subtract mode for area masks. So you could make one big shape to cover the area you want then add a, second shape, within the same mask in subtract mode, which would in effect cut an ‘excluding hole’ in the first shape. Would that achieve what you want, or have I misunderstood?

I have a suggestion to speed up using masks. Are there any keyboard shortcuts or would it be possible to implement some to reduce the amount of scrolling up and down when using masks?
Suggestions:

Shortcut to toggle ‘show mask’ on and off (this would have the biggest effect on reducing scrolling up and down) eg M or shift M or whichever key is free…

Shift and mouse wheel to adjust the roundness of the rectangle area mask (consistent with the polygon shapes)

Control and mouse wheel to adjust the feathering

Just thoughts, you may consider them unworkable or not worth it, I will still enjoy using ART whether they are included or not… Thanks.

1 Like