Auto-illumination of 2d shapes

1. Wow cool.
  2. Why do you need a second preview window. Can’t you add it to the normal preview window?
  3. It would be very useful to have such a preview in the “3D elevation” filter too.

No, the G’MIC core has no control over the Qt-widgets used by the plug-in, that’s why it manages its own window. This way, the filter interactive preview can run also in the GTK plug-in, as well as from the command line.

Maybe one day, at least if someone is willing to contribute :wink:

Nothing short of wow. Enjoyed the video, David. :slight_smile:

This animation reminds me of the introductory shot of the adult Magneto moving the old German coin between his fingers in the movie X Men First Class.

I wish to use this in Natron @devernay

This remembers me to:

1 Like

estrella

synfig + #software:natron + #software:gmic

2 Likes

@bazza Interesting but the illumination is a bit twitchy. :crazy_face:

@afre Yes. But it work better of what thought

http://dcgi.fel.cvut.cz/home/sykorad/ink-and-ray++.html

2 Likes

That is pretty cool. Since less and less cartoons, animes and 2.5d games (and of course more technical applications but I love 2d entertainment :smile:) are being worked on by hand, this type of research is a big step in making them more streamlined and natural.

Hope the artists get more respect though. At least for animes, there are stories of employees being locked in their office until they finish, paid dirt salaries and therefore have no personal time with family and friends and for leisure.

Afterwards to create the 2.5D . Can paint with this:

e11t5

Dust shaded with 2d-ilumination :blush:

6 Likes

Has all the things that wished in the plugin. But I do not arrive to cuda9

2 Likes

Really cool, Bazza. :slight_smile:

Using bump for blender 2D

Line Art + Autofill Coloring Book + Morphological Filter + Auto-illumination of 2d shapes

1 Like

That reminds me, I’m going to enable custom palettes and premade palettes of mine into Autofill Coloring Book. Adds to Projects in Github/Reptorian1125/gmic-community

1 Like

very good :smiley:
I would also like an option to export without lines, only the color as an extra layer :wink:

Cool effects.
Is there a place where I can learn more about Auto-fill Coloring Book filter?

Have you processed each color layer separately here?