Birches on Christmas morning

@flannelhead Thanks for the image. I am partial to birches because I have one in my front yard. Limp like Charlie Brown’s Christmas tree but a survivor.

1 Like

Happy New Year! This is a very beautiful one, very light and achieves a certain “3D look” in the trees despite the creaminess. Thank you!

I have tried to load your jpgs as sidecars without success. Is it me or do they not include the sidecar? If not, I’d be interested in seeing them.

My attempt:

Tried to add a teeny bit of haloing to the small branches that are directly in the path of the light, and some haze around the rest of the branches to get that early morning/bleary eyed feeling

2 Likes

@condor700 Welcome to the forum. Good start to the new year. :partying_face:

Strange, I have “develop history” checked in export settings but loading the JPGs as sidecar files doesn’t seem to work for me either. I wonder what’s wrong… Anyway, here are the XMPs.

PC250107.ORF.xmp (52.8 KB)
PC250107_01.ORF.xmp (173.4 KB)

Also welcome @condor700 ! Nice to see a different crop and atmosphere and the use of complementary colors.

1 Like

This is how I remember it that morning. :rofl:

PC250107_16.ORF.xmp (25.4 KB)

That’s where the sun is at 11:00 a.m. in Finland in December?!!

3 Likes

I like the very natural look here - nice blues in the sky but the snow is still rendered as white. Great job!

And yes, there’s not much daylight here at this point of the year. :snowflake:

1 Like

PC250107.ORF.xmp (11.3 KB)

DT 3.8

2 Likes