Black image with Haze Removal + OpenCL

Not something for the user manual (which doesn’t cover this sort of thing - OS-specific issues/features) but perhaps might be useful on the github README file or even the Windows build instructions.

The manual does contain OS-specific info (for Linux): darktable 3.8 user manual - setting up opencl. There are also OS-specific notes here: darktable 3.8 user manual - purge_non_existing_images.sh

Including such info in the build instructions or in the Github readme would not benefit users, I think.

Ok fair enough. If someone wants to submit a PR for the manual I’ll consider including it when we reopen it for v4.0 contributions. I don’t use Windows though so I’ll be taking someone’s word for its accuracy.

This statement (see below) or that section of the manual already exists…might be a good place to insert this finding…ie memory is too low and or incorrectly reported…also maybe the suggestion to create a restore point incase there is negative impact on some other aspect of the system

Quote from manual in possible problems section…

• darktable states that no OpenCL aware graphics card is detected or that the available memory on your GPU is too low and the device is discarded. In that case you might need to buy a new card if you really want OpenCL support.

It could be a one off though…I don’t think I see it installed on my system??