Can Siril be used successfully if lacking flats, darks, bias, etc? Does it do a good job aligning the frames? Do I need to use Hugin? Is there a GUI for Hugin?

No, I’m not. Maybe DT’s display window (either in Lightable and Darkroom) uses a different algorithm than the export one. The fact is that it’s the first time I see a difference between a final jpeg and the processed raw.

Yes, the are.

When I tried processing the raws with “DSLR_Preprocessing_NoFlat_NoDark_NoBias.ssf”, it crashed my v0.9.12-beta3 version (freshly fetched from gitlab). Using the v0.9.11, it didn’t crash.
But the result didn’t look right color wise.
Skipping the preprocess line from the script, I got this (after tweaking exposure, contrast and color in ART):

I don’t see any difference in ART regarding TIFF/JPG.

Very nice!
Did you removed green noise?
EDIT:
I removed green noise in Siril, then, in Darktable, applied a tone curve to lower the white haze, another one to raise the contrast and finally the old filmic.
Anyway, here’s my second take.

r__lights_stacked_gnr_01.tif.xmp (11.5 KB) (DT 2.7)

No I didn’t remove green noise in Siril. It was just debayering > registering > stacking > exporting as tiff. No pre/post processing.
But in ART, I used auto WB, which apparently work great on this kind of image.

Here are some other examples using the GUI (all tweaked similarly in ART after Siril):

1 Like