Canon Powershot SX 150 regression in colors 5.5 vs 5.3?

Matrix committed (this model’s DNG file from Adobe DNG Converter 11.0 only has one illiuminant and one matrix, and it’s for daylight). The fix will be part of RawTherapee 5.6.

1 Like

Thank you a lot it works fine!

@ggc: @paperdigits has been quicker than me to give the answer, anywhay what he wrote is 100% correct.

Let me just add that once the AppImage is extracted (contents actually go into a squashfs-root folder instead of AppDir as far as I remember) and you have modified some files, you have to run RT by launching the AppRun script in the extracted AppImage. Runninf the RT executable directly will not work, as the AppRun script sets several environment variables in order to let the RT executable find the bundled libraries and configuration files.

2 Likes

Sorry for asking again, but i haven’t found out how to obtain the dcraw_matrix values…

I have the same problem with my phone dng, Honor 6a…

Here an “original” dng from opencamera, the jpeg, and the dng from dng converter (that btw fixes the exif that otherwise are not recognized, and this seems to happen with a lot of phones):

https://we.tl/t-6i9yt94eQQ

Thank you in advance.

Perhaps you can extract the DCP from the DNG with DNG Profile Editor then apply this DCP.

The HUAWEI DLI-L22 has swapped calibration illuminants, so ColorMatrix1 needs to be used:

{
        "make_model": [ "HUAWEI DLI-L22" ],
        "dcraw_matrix": [ 6984, -812, -975, -4792, 13481, 1381, -1056, 2355, 4873 ] // ColorMatrix1 (D65, wrong order) from Adobe DNG Converter 11.2.1
    },
2 Likes

Thank you!

@Morgan_Hardwood
I have two questions:

• Why you don’t use directly the DCP extracted from the DNG?
  • why RT is not able to apply directly this embedded input profile?

The embedded DCP file contains the same matrix I used above. It also contains a StdA color matrix, and forward matrices. Would be nice if RT used it, but would also be nice if RT used the right matrix based on the CalibrationIlluminant, which are in the incorrect (or unexpected?) order in this DNG file.

There are special case in RT code for dealing with DNG files which come from Adobe DNG Converter, these are there to ensure that the DNG files looks the same as its source raw file. I don’t know the details, perhaps @agriggio can shed more light.

I suppose the real answer to your question is that this is messy territory and no one has volunteered to shovel through it.

It’s probably a bit messy, but not terrible either. I think that implementing the proper support for DNGs according to the specs is doable in principle (disclaimer: I’ve only gone through the specs quickly, so I might be oversimplifying here). But it’s true that nobody has actually volunteered to do it – until that changes, it won’t magically happen I’m afraid :slight_smile:

Sorry for asking again, but i still don’t know how to it myself…

Make : HUAWEI
Camera Model Name : EML-L09

( P20 “normal”)

Same problem…

files here:

https://we.tl/t-IlefKoNd0V

As you can see with dng converter the size is much smaller (something like 8 mb instead of 23), it fixes the exif data and there is a fast embedded preview.

Thank you in advance.

edit: oops the jpeg got corrupted, but i don’t think it’s so important.

@ggc
I extracted the dcp with DNG profile editor

EML-L09-HUAWEI.dcp (1.2 KB)

• Apply this DCP and select DCP/tonecurve
1 Like

nice thank you!

I have tried too, but the dcp i get is much bigger, 27 kb.