Changed the limit for color temperature, now white balance is wrong when using a camera profile

Interesting, it did not want to do it for me. Can you please share what procedure have you followed to rollback?

Sure, do you still have gcc 9.3 in /var/cache/pacman/pkg/ ?

ls /var/cache/pacman/pkg/

yes, it is still there:

ls /var/cache/pacman/pkg/ | grep -i gcc-9.3
mingw-w64-cross-gcc-9.3.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz
mingw-w64-x86_64-gcc-9.3.0-1-any.pkg.tar.xz
mingw-w64-x86_64-gcc-9.3.0-2-any.pkg.tar.xz

pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/ mingw-w64-cross-gcc-9.3.0-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz

Same for the other files, should revert it then

1 Like

No luckā€¦

doing:

$ pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/mingw-w64-x86_64-gcc-libs-9.3.0-2-any.pkg.tar.xz
loading packages... 
warning: downgrading package mingw-w64-x86_64-gcc-libs (10.1.0-2 => 9.3.0-2)
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: installing mingw-w64-x86_64-gcc-libs (9.3.0-2) breaks dependency 'mingw-w64-x86_64-gcc-libs=10.1.0-2' required by mingw-w64-x86_64-gcc

trying to remove first gcc I get:
$ pacman -R mingw-w64-x86_64-gcc
checking dependenciesā€¦
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: removing mingw-w64-x86_64-gcc breaks dependency ā€˜mingw-w64-x86_64-gccā€™ required by mingw-w64-x86_64-libunwind
:: removing mingw-w64-x86_64-gcc breaks dependency ā€˜mingw-w64-x86_64-gccā€™ required by mingw-w64-x86_64-uasm

and it continues like this.

I guess I will stay with the removed optimization and gcc-10 for a while. I did not noticed any performance hits anyway.
The good part is that I can report when the problem no longer appears with gcc-10 :slight_smile:

by the way, sorry @MakeItColder for hijacking your thread :slight_smile:

You need to downgrade the

Package as well. Have a look for the filename in cache folder. It also took a while for me to solve all the conflicts.

@Daniel_Catalina I had the same issues. You need to force the downgrade of gcc and gcc-libs (and maybe some others that I forgot) by setting -d which skips the dependency checks.

1 Like

gcc indeed was the issue causing the purple tint. Unfortunately I still cannot set the white balance under artificial light, even with a camera profile that accounts for the RYYB filter.

when yyou have interdependant packages, downgrade in the samle time
pacman -U ā€¦

You can also install the gcc8 package and configure cmake to use gcc-8 and g+Ā±8. I donā€™t know if it optimizes less than with GCC 9, but itā€™s an easy fix and it works well for me.

Regarding the issue of not being able to set the white point properly: This can be fixed by using the Adobe DNG Converter on the DNGs, resulting in RT reading Temperature/Tint that makes sense and can be worked with. A camera profile to correct the colors for the RYYB filter is still necessary, but then it all looks accurate.

1 Like