Christmas Thunder

Gee, yes! I somehow thought it couldn’t handle TIFFs… but I just checked and it looks like it can. I’ll give that a go later. :slight_smile:

I think the last third of the image to the right just needs to be taken down two or three tenths of a stop and have some magenta taken out of it to better match the rest, but its an epic shot, would make a great print. How long did it take the computer to grind out the stitching?

1 Like

Thanks Dave. I agree about the adjustments to the right hand side, although I’d prefer to be able to get the stitching right to start with. (fussy… I know).

In microsoft ICE I think it was around the 5-6 minute mark all up, the first attempt in Hugin was more like 12 minutes.

Good idea. :slight_smile: My printer can only handle up to A4 though. I wonder how it would go if I spread it over a few sheets…

I tried it… I think I must’ve overwhelmed it.

Well, after trying a couple more stitching options without much luck - I did get Hugin to do what I wanted but it took ages… and there was a misalignment in the gate on the left - I decided to follow your suggestion, on the original version.

I didn’t get it quite perfect, but I think I’m happy with this one for the time being. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Definitely much better with the desaturated red

1 Like

To me, the red can is one of the best parts of the image. And, wow, what a great image it is!

1 Like

For the first time in several years we finally have a nice mild, non-rainy Christmas forecast. Let’s hope it holds.

2 Likes

Impressive picture! Very well done.

1 Like

Maybe a rust color?

1 Like

Congrats on the clean stitching work! The only thing I would change is that the darkest tones in the sky should not be black, but dark gray (with a hint of color).
Then, compare it to this one. It will probably look much better.
The science: Clouds are farther away, with atmosphere between you and them. They don’t usually possess the contrast of closer objects.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion! I agree - the only thing is… that on my screen, the darkest clouds are actually a deep blue-grey, which is how I wanted them to be. Definitely not black, probably a bit more contrasty than real life, but conceivable.

I’ll try a lighter version when I get a chance. :slight_smile: