Color Balance RGB: select by hue presets

Thank you for the share

4.2.0 works fine for me. Use the presets very often.

I installed them in the past but they work well in 4.2 for me.

I’ve the same problem.

In the *.dtpresets file I find: </op_params><op_version>4</op_version>
In my own *.dtpresets file I find: </op_params><op_version>5</op_version>

I figured this was just to make sure old edits work in new versions. Is it a bug in darktable (4.2)?

Were you able to change anything which made the presets work @herbert-50?

Yes:

1. Install dt 3.8 on another machine
  2. Install the presets
  3. Update to 4.2
  4. Export the presets
  5. Import them in 4.2 on my main machine

I would make them available here, but I am not the author.

I hereby ask @MarcoNex if you can share the updated presets. :smile:

I am on darktable 4.2 (archlinux). After import the presets were grayed out. I restarted darktable and the presets work fine.

I use Darktable 4.2.0 and these presets work for me, but only after restarting DT.

Yes I can confirm that.

(Why didn’t I think of that sooner :thinking:. Ok, I’m just not a typical Windows user.)

Restarted. Works. Thanks @anon42681393, @Thomas_Do and @herbert-50.

I will share updated presets, but I am currently away from home, please wait a few days

4 Likes

Here are the updated presets that work in DT 4.2

cb_select_hues_4.2.zip (5.6 KB)

8 Likes

Thank you @MarcoNex I use your presets all the time since you published them for the first time.
Can you give a short explanation on why you excluded and separated the lower cromaticity levels into the preset 9? Is there a special use case for that?
Kind regards
Roland

Well, I took inspiration from Color Editor in Capture One, which is the SW I used before DT.
As you can see by default when you pick a color, the low chromaticity areas are excluded.

immagine

Moreover, I had color grading in mind, that is basically shifting colors and more often than not you want neutral hues to remain neutral.
But feel free to change that, it’s pretty easy.

1 Like