Color Calibration Area Selection

I have been working in an old growth forest area with a very high tree canopy that obviously projects an overall green tint to the scene. My white balance is set to D65/1.0 so that the final determination of the scene lighting can be done in ‘color calibration’. Typical scene is below.

The problem that I am facing is in selecting the correct area when I use the CC area picker. If I select the entire image the results usually are heavily green biased … so I start to pick different parts to get a result that ‘suits my taste’ … but surely that is wrong. Are others finding similar problems/questions?
My CC settings are fairly basic but whatever ‘adaptation’ I select they are always shown as ‘invalid’.
Somehow I think that the old WB module was providing a more trustworthy result.
How are others working in such situations?

@davidvj Select any part. In the drop down select custom if you don’t have the hue chroma after you select the area. Then you get a hue and chroma. The setting is still the same WB at this point. Now just play with the chroma until you have the right look. Usually you reduce it as the selection has neutralized the image

I believe invalid just means you don’t come up with one of the defined illuminant sources. There is nothing actually wrong .

This is what Aurelien Pierre said about the invalid thing:

So you are correct; Nothing is wrong when invalid is shown.