Color Calibration presets, t3mujinpack

Yes, via a preset. Just select one of the LUTs, save as a preset:

And then:

Hovering over the LUT name allows you to use the mouse wheel to scroll through the LUTs stored in that directory:

You can find more LUTs:
GitHub - sacredbirdman/luts: LUTs for photo processing (a single LUT)
GitHub - bastibe/Fujifilm-Auto-Settings-for-Darktable: Automatically apply Fujifilm film simulation LUTs, crop, and DR correction when importing images in Darktable
and some others I listed here:
darktable styles | Kofa's tech stuff

1 Like

Very good, Isvtvan, your help made me graduate to the next level with LUTs! thank you!

You might enjoy this read as well if you have not seen it… translate out of German to your selected language… there is a lua script I believe that will export your edit or style as applied to a lut so that you can use a look both from a style or a lut… if that is something of any use…

Thanks to Istvan’s and Todd’s help I now have a nice set of LUTS to emulate B&W film (and another set for color negative/slide). I can apply/experiment with them via the LUT 3D module. They offer greater variety than the smaller set of presets (for B&W film emulation) in the color calibration or color balance RGB modules.

It seems to me the presets in the color calibration module (Fuji Acros, Ilford films) or color balance RGB module (vibrant colors, natural skin, etc.) are the equivalent of applying LUTs (from the B&W film or color negative/slide sets of LUTs) in the LUT 3D module. Am I mistaken? Is there a material difference between using presets in the modules vs applying LUTS via the LUT 3D module?

Modules are in a different part of the pipeline and the cc is a scene referred module whereas any lut is going to be a set map of values ie map this to that sort of adjustment… So the degree to which they will look the same might vary image to image…that is my take on it…

Just dropping by to say sorry not noticing this thread at all :frowning:

1 Like