Compressed RAF: help needed.

Morning, @rhonaldjr & welcome!

It sounds very surprising that uncompressed RAW should give you any problems. Usually, it is the compressed ones that can be tricky.

Which OS/distro do you use? Version?
What version of Rawtherapee?
Can you upload a sample image using https://filebin.net/ and post the resulting link here?

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

Get the darktable 2.6.0 snapshots from here Install package graphics:darktable:master / darktable

Oh, I was just trying to help! :smile:

thanks, works. but it doesn’t detect the x-t3 (white balance is fine) camera (e.g. when applying lens correction)

Lens correction is handled via the lensfun library/project. I wouldn’t be surprised if the X-T3 isn’t in there yet, but you can make the measurements yourself to correct your lenses. Or from the terminal run lensfun-update-data (I think!).

the database is up-to-date. running lensfun-update-data returns No newer database was found for last installed Lensfun .

So I am assuming there is no much for X-T3 yet. At the moment I choose X-T2 for lens correction.

I use Darktable on Ubuntu 16.04.4. The file is uploaded here.

Indeed, I don’t see the X-T3 in this file: lensfun/mil-fujifilm.xml at master · lensfun/lensfun · GitHub

Morning, @rhonaldjr,

Thanks for the upload.
Brrr. Looks cold. Canada?

Your raf opens just fine in RawTherapee as well as in darktable.
True that rt/lensfun does not recognize X-T3 (yet),
but dt handles profiled noise profile fine.

I use the most updated git versions of rt and dt.

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

@Claes yes, it’s Canada and it’s -20 already (today). The RAF opens find in the latest darktable (link provided by @darix ) but there is no lensfun database update for it.

At least now I can work on the RAF images.

1 Like

About to buy a Fujifilm GFX 50S (a weeks’ time to bite the bullet). Is it supported?

Hint: you can always grab a sample from https://raw.pixls.us/ and try opening it :slight_smile:

1 Like

@LebedevRI thanks, instead bought the camera (checked in the documentation that basic things are supported w.r.t GFX 50S) and tested it.

Except the lens correction, everything else is fine.