Crowdfunding Natron 3d Workspace

I just noticed that Unity got Visual effect graph which is node based particle editor. I think it would be great if Natron would get this feature.

There is a presetation about GPU emitter graph system for Frostbite engine. Maybe somebody could implement this in Natron’s 3D workspace.

Or something like After effects has?

This looks all good and nice, to be able to implement things to Natron, we need links to opensource tools doing such things…

Hi! I’m new with Natron, I found it thanks to TJFree and Alexandra Ostasheva (YT users).
Maybe those who are experienced could submit thier tutorials, test or previews to Youtube, that’s a good way to bring the attention of new users (and devs).

On the other hand, I’m part of a platform that incentivize high quality contributions to open source projects. In short, the Natron’s team could post about a new Pull request or the announcement of a new feature or could ask for help and we reward the user who complete the task. Tasks like code update, plugins, documentation update, the translation of the documentation (or the software itself), tutorials, visibility (spread the word), etc.

Of course, this won’t solve the problem of funding. But at least it’s something.
I will share this in our Discord server, hopefully some dev is interested.

This is our site https://join.utopian.io/ and this our blog @utopian-io

Also, a Natron Discord server would we great. I can create it and moderate it if you want.

PS: sorry if there are grammar mistakes, English isn’t my native language.

@ KristijanZic: Did you contact the Academy Software Foundation already ?

Would be interessting to know what they say, since they have propiretary partners like The Foundry…

Where are most users who love and support Natron ? It needs desperate publicity…

Blendernation ? Linuxtoday? Linuxfr ? etc…

Today, i submited an article for Natron from Blendernation.

Hope that helps and attract more peoples for good.

1 Like

We have a natron discord server, its run by me.

Omar and Thomas are also in the server, but they’re not online that much.
The link has been shared in the Facebook group and on the Natron Community website (https://natron.global/)
The server has been made and edited with the help of Fabrice and Omar so each role, category and channel is well thought of.
There is a decent to good amount of people in there (82 right now, it was about 110 but some left), but its not very active. I’ve only seen 3-4 people who’re active excluding me and Omar.
(P.S. when you join, mention that you got this link from this forum thread)

2 Likes

I think I shoulda made a post about the server on this forum but i was busy with some work and family issues so it always slipped my mind.
I also know Jerry Miller, so I’m gonna ask him to share the discord server invite in the Blender community server, there must be a lot of people using natron in that server.
But as I’ve seen for a couple of months, if no one’s active in the discord server, there’s no point in having one. Every now and then someone joins, immediately quits, i dont know why or from where they got the invite. One or two people are chatting. Most of them havent even logged in for over a month. A lot of them are yet to be assigned roles but they wont reply or come online. I’m just doing my job of moderating the server, helping fellow artists, etc.

1 Like

Nope, I was just suggesting it but I have no authority to do that :confused:

HI all.
My first time on this forum
I could find a way to raise probably $5000 pm for natron dev and maintenance - more if all goes well.
This would be funded from a project that would need natron support - as after effects doesn’t allow me to doe certain thing in a web server environment.
Where can i contact someone in regards to helping.
Who is in charge here?
You can mail me at fuse@molotovcocktail.tv

HI all.
My first time on this forum
I could find a way to raise probably $5000 pm for natron dev and maintenance - more if all goes well.
This would be funded from a project that would need natron support - as after effects doesn’t allow me to doe certain thing in a web server environment.
Where can i contact someone in regards to helping.
Who is in charge here?
You can mail me at fuse@molotovcocktail.tv

Maybe explain here and first, what you’re going to do for raising that amount of money.
Just curious. Others might want to know as well.

Ideally i would like to talk to a decision maker before i divulge anything.
If someone like that is here or if you could point me in the right direction that
would be great.
Thank you.

that would be Omar.

Thank you appreciated. I sent him a message.

1 Like

Qt for Python 5.12 (which is now the product name for Pyside 2) has been released end of 2018.

1 Like

Did you get any sort of reply back?

Not yet.

@nicroux: Sounds interesting.

The thing is that Natron needs developers in first place, then we can talk about how to collect money.

1 Like

+1
Devs and maintainers first…
Then we should set up a foundation like blender foundation. The foundation can manage development and funding.