Ctrl+A not selecting files in lightable...

Can someone on a recent build of WIndows check and see if Ctrl+A is selecting files…I don’t think its my keyboard…

I’ll file an issue if it turns out to be real…

Ctrl-A to select all files in Lighttable works fine for me on

3.7.0~git221.66e79e18fc-1

Just updated to 3.7.0~git277.0f575bc2bd-1
Ctrl-A works fine there also.

Could it be that you assigned that shortcut to something else?

No I have not messed with the new shortcut tools yet but I will update right now and check it…I actually went in to try and set it and I could not figure out how… I found only references to select single image

Its likely in there somewhere…I do an updated build now and see what gives…
Thx

EDIT:
Mystery for now…deleted build dir and did the latest… 3.7.0~git277… as of now and still Ctrl A doesn’t work…

I found it defined in shortcutsrc config file…so no idea why it won’t work…

bracketleft=lib/timeline/start selection
bracketright=lib/timeline/stop selection
a;ctrl=lib/select/select all
a;shift;ctrl=lib/select/select none
b=global/toggle panels collapsing controls
b;shift;ctrl=global/toggle bottom panel
c;ctrl=lib/copy_history/copy
c;shift;ctrl=lib/copy_history/copy parts

If you expand “select” menu in lighttable, it works. Otherwise not. There is something wrong. I use it in linux.

1 Like

Good catch, Boris. I have the same behaviour: if I close the select section Ctrl-A does not work. However this may be by design, also.

Yes, but that comes with unnecessary limitations. I have opened new issue:

The new shortcut system was a major overhaul. Regressions are to be expected for now. It will take a while to settle down I expect. Luckily we have 6 months until the next release so all this testing is very much appreciated.

3 Likes

This seems to be fixed in the Lighttable, but I’m finding similar problems when trying to select multiple files in the darktable filmstrip. Has anyone else seen this? If so, I can submit a report on Github

I’ll take a look…you could also try to see what it is mapped to…if nothing it should say something like no fallback…when you try it

No fallback… that’s what it says.

Then that is currently not mapped to that function any more or by accident…you can use the new shortcut system to try and add it…