Custom G'MIC script not working

This might be related to the presence of an alpha channel, I’ll check that asap.

I tested an image without an alpha channel and it still didn’t work. Strangely, after I rebuilt the script, it works again with the only exception being that whenever I use a specified channel in the warp loop with plasma texture generation turned on, the image turns into a wall of alpha.

Never mind, I fixed that too. The error persists.

Fully working; I fixed the business with the alpha channel.

(edited twice because ‘initial’ script had another defect and the ‘second’ one had yet another)

Updated.

Cool, though it would be nice to have an alpha channel for the quadtree filter. I have no idea how that filter works but I know that it doesn’t use alpha channels; even removing the -to_rgb option doesn’t add that.

I have another idea, though it would require layer creation and blending:and then enters a loop for x new layers for each input layer where after a base layer is warped:

1. A layer is created from the base layer and is warped using UltraWarp+++ (which may instead use a plasma texture);
  2. A second new layer is filled with white and then a selection within the layer is filled with black;
  3. The second new layer is warped, greyscaled with a mono mixer and given extreme contrast;
  4. The second new layer is used as a layer mask for the first new layer.

At the end there would be an option where the layers are blended using whatever mode.

This would allow me to create extremely-warped, multi-layered textures in a single click, such as this:

I’ve updated the main script again and I’ve also been busy trying to sort something out for this; it’s taking me a long time to get this sorted out.

100%,100%,1,3
-fill_color[-1] 255,255,255
100%,100%,1,3
ww=(round($wu))
hh=(round($h
u))
sw=(round($wu))
sh=(round($h
u))
-r[-1] 1,0,$ww,$hh
-fill_color[-1] 0,0,0
-shift[-1] $sw, sh -blend[-1,-2] -ac "-ultrawarpplusplusplus *",2,0
-fx_mix_ycbcr 4,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,2,0
-fx_mix_ycbcr 50,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,2,0

What I want is something like this, which I can use as a layer mask like in GIMP:

Not sure exactly what you want, but assuming colour to black & white you probably need a threshold of some sort. Something like “-norm -gt 50% -* 255” perhaps. Maybe some of these commands are relevant: -threshold, -inrange, -otsu. The G’MIC reference is your friend!

That’s cool; I’m now using that instead of the seemingly-arbitrary mixer commands. I need to find out how to use it as a layer mask.

I have another problem, namely the fact that some of the parameters don’t randomise for each layer in a stack of layers in G’MIC for GIMP, namely everything besides whatever’s in the warping loop. I’ve tried to use -srand and it doesn’t work; while it works fine on the top layer, it doesn’t work on any other layer. The script now looks like this.

Tried to attack these problem again, no luck. I simply cannot get random results on multiple images or get the multi-warpingn layer-mask thing to work. I don’t know how to do either.