darktable 2.6.0rc0 released

But RC0 is more consistent. For example in 2.4 georagging is listing all pictures with and without geotag. Whereas, as you noted, the colorlabel collect was displaying only the picture with at least one colorlabel.

Very good then!

I appreciate the new behaviour. However, could an option (default off) to automatically add a % where appropriate be helpful?

consistency seems like a good idea, except i would have liked it consistent the other way i guess, also because i’m a lazy typist (and it’s better for discoverability) :wink:

If you do it once, there is a “recently used collections” module directly blow the “collect images” and you can select “Color label %” from there.

You can also save it as a preset.

2 Likes

On windows build, dt (2.6.0rc0+9~g7ea67a074) crashes when cliking on configuration icon.
darktable_bt_5VOBTZ.txt (24.5 KB)

all my work is now merged into darktable 2.6rc0-1

2 Likes

You should not use global tonemapping and filmic together, they do the same things but differently. Filmic has been designed to speed-up the process and avoid 4 different modules to do one thing: salvage the dynamic range.

This is what I get with exposure + filmic only (took me litteraly 45 s):

DSC_1425.NEF.xmp (3.9 KB)

1 Like

except the deconvolution stuff, right?

the deconvolution stuff is not a darktable module yet, it’s more a R&D standalone lib with a Python interface.

Thanks for reply. Didn’t really look at code so do not know what it exactly does, will run doxygen on source during holidays and try to understand.

You can find the (almost finished) article I have been writing here : https://eng.aurelienpierre.com/2018/11/30/filmic-darktable-and-the-quest-of-the-hdr-tone-mapping/

3 Likes

Thanks for link, will visit it

Same with RC1 - looking into it

@phweyland:
The latest pango (1.42.4) is including a dependency on libthai and that seems to require to have a file thbrk.tri installed no matter what.

Can you try to copy the folder /mingw64/share/libthai to the [darktable installation folder]/share/libthai ?

On my end it fixes the problem.

I’ll add this file to the installer once you confirm that this fixes.

That works. Thanks ! :slight_smile:
BTW I’ve made some small adjustments on my own build.txt copy in case you wanted to include them in yours:

1. to stick with old version of lensfun:
    $ pacman -U /var/cache/pacman/pkg/mingw-w64-x86_64-lensfun-0.3.2-4-any.pkg.tar.xz
  2. Copy fop.xconf to /etc/fop.xml => Copy fop.xconf to /etc/fop.conf
  3. CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:~/java/saxon/saxon9he.jar:~/java/docbook-xsl-saxon/saxon65.jar => CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:~/java/saxon/saxon9he.jar:~/java/docbook-xsl-saxon/extensions/saxon65.jar
  4. PATH=$PATH:~/java/fop => PATH=$PATH:~/java/fop/fop

Good to see this issue fixed. Peter, do you have time to propose a new Windows build? Thanks.

I’ll be back home on Friday, I can build a new version with these changes. Or would it make sense to build the RC2 in the weekend, if you plan an additional version? Let me know your preference.

I would prefer an RC2 as I plan one this week-end indeed. Thanks.