darktable 3.0.0rc2 released

Cranks up git and downloads code. Build follows shortly
Congrats to darktable team

for what are you building?

Since I have local repo, it is easier to download diffs and I used to build programs which I’m using.
If you wanted to know what Linux I am using (what system is target) it is some Mint based on Ubuntu.

was just curious if we missed a distro that we could have supported. but your distro is covered by the packages that we have.

Kind of Gentoo approach, build it for distro on distro and for hardware which you are using. Also build is uncomplicated and anybody who wants can build it (unlike GIMP).

Everyone is invited to improve it! Writing documentation is something developers don’t like, but also documentation written by developers is often very technical. So please help to improve it.

Thank you, darktable developers! Great to see a new annual release on the horizon. I appreciate your work very much!

I tested the Windows version of RC2 and found that the retouch modul seemed to work but didn‘t show any result. Anyone got the same problem?
Kind regards

No, I use the retouch module very often in RC2. Maybe it’s an opacity issue. I found out that the healing and clone tools did not remove spots completely and opened a bug. But finally it was the mask opacity that wasn’t set to 100% by default.

Is there a tentative release date for darktable 3.0? I have read about the new features which all sound awesome but I do not wish to play with the release candidate versions. I am just curious and am eagerly awaiting for the release date. I can tell that a lot of work has gone into the new version and I am most thankful of the work done by the developing team.

Around Christmas day usually, but… Whenever it is ready.

@Pascal_Obry
Our @wpferguson just created example scripts for the new Lua functions in dt. Perhaps you can add that to the release notes:

examples/darkroom_demo.lua
examples/lighttable_demo.lua
examples/panels_demo.lua

You can use the rc without hesitation; its quite stable and there won‘t be big changes since feature freeze was in october.