darktable 3.0.1 released

“Version: 3.24.5-1”

If there’s not an easy fix for this, I might try to modify the appropriate lensfun database to get rid of lenses I don’t need, to shorten the list.

(and before I forget, thanks for your time!)

This regression in master with input color profiles seems to be now also affecting 3.0.1 on windows

In addition to

Not sure on which Gtk version the scrolldown issue were fixed but maybe on 3.24.7 or 3.24.8. So if my memory is not too bad here, the best fix you could have would be the possibility to update Gtk to at least 3.24.8 version. Workaround you suggest is also a possibility but I suggest you to keep a copy of the original files before.

Oh, absolutely, I’ve gotten burned far too many times on “this fix is easy!” over the years!

(my son told me last night that the scrolling works fine on his Arch system, too, he’s probably got a later version of the library, though)

As Arch is a rolling release, probability that he have a more recent release of Gtk library is quite big !

I’m sorry, Nilvus, I forgot to get back to you, trimming the slr-nikon.xml files worked for me, though I’ll definitely look at other solutions in the future.

Thanks again for your time.

1 Like

Can you please add Camera Support to Sony a6100
I just bought this camera but when i tried to import the raw files, it couldnt recognize them…

Hi @emanuelnk and welcome.

Operating system?
From where did you obtain darktable?
Version?

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

@Claes
I got this problem on Linux ubuntu 18.04

Darktable Version 3.0.1

downloaded it through the command line

I am now installing it to windows to check if it happens also there

btw, if it is not a huge task i can also do this, (Im currently studying for my masters in computer science and have 4 years experience in programming In C++, Python, C# and Java)

thanks

Through the command line? From what source?

You see: it works just fine here…
If you still encounter problems, upload one of your RAWs here…
(just drag it into your reply)

Addendum: uh-oh – my sample (which worked) turned out to be from a 6000. Sorry 'bout that!

I just grepped through dt and RT sources, couldn’t find the camera. Rather new camera, just needs the data.

A bit dated, but this page outlines the sort of data required:

Particularly, color primaries are needed. An early source of these for new cameras is the Adobe DNG converter; I just looked through the DCPs from version 12.2 that I downloaded a few weeks ago, and I don’t see anything there for the A6100.

The cutting edge hurts sometimes…

Just grabbed a sony a6100 RAW example from dpreview and tried current master (3.1.0+1044): Not yet implemented.

RawSpeed:Unable to find camera in database: 'SONY' 'ILCE-6100' ''
Please consider providing samples on <https://raw.pixls.us/>, thanks!

Please check if there are a6100 samples at https://raw.pixls.us and if there are not samples, please submit them.

1 Like

Having nothing better to do on a COVID-19 Friday morn (Colorado is shelter-in-place, now), I retrieved the Sony ILCE-6100 DPReview test raw, cropped the ColorChecker, and used the Argyll tools to make a profile. Here are the primaries from it, courtesy exiftool:

Red Matrix Column               : 0.79448 0.27458 0.03847
Green Matrix Column             : 0.22372 1.07974 -0.2321
Blue Matrix Column              : -0.05449 -0.35432 1.02325

Used the camera metadata black subtract (512) and ‘as-shot’ white balance, saved as a 16-bit TIFF.

I then used the .icc as the camera profile to re-process the DPReview raw, looks nice. Can’t post it, however; not my image.

will try to attach the .icc file to this post…

Sony-ILCE_6100.icc (2.9 KB)

Ah, that seemed to work. If you download this and specify it as the input profile, you might be able to coax dt to open the image. Also, don’t forget the black subtract, 512…

3 Likes

The map mode seems to be missing in my installation of darktable 3.0.1.

OS is Ubuntu 18.04, I am using the SuSE OBS package but I have also compiled darktable on my machine with the same result.

libosmgpsmap 1.1.0-2 is installed.

For each library needed to compile it’s always the dev package that needs to be install. So you need to install libsmgpsmap-dev package, then compiled again darktable.

Is there any Windows *.ZIP release?

I work on 3 computers and read that DB syncing is error prone and should be avoided. Next best would be to have darktable completely on my USB drive and open it with a *.bat file.

I did that with the RC version like:

start /d "G:\usb_drive\darktable\3.0rc2\bin" darktable.exe --configdir G:\usb_drive\darktable\3.0rc2\userdata\config 

Is there any 3.0.1 ZIP? And does my bat line looks ok?

Well, I couldn’t wait and simply dragged the darktable folder to the USB drive and opening darktable works just fine.

what do you mean with map mode?

Resurrecting the Sony A6100 thing, I recently went a-looking for Adobe profiles for my Z6, couldn’t find them in the Adobe DNG Converter I’d downloaded. Went to the adobe website, re-pulled it, installed it, and lo, there were the Z6 DCPs. Recalling this thread, looked for the A6100 (or ILCE-6100), and it’s there too.

With the Camera Standard profile, one can make a LUT ICC with dcamprof:

$ dcamprof dcp2json <camera.dcp> <camera.json>
$ dcamprof make-icc -p xyzlut <camera.json> <camera.icc>

Gotta get dcamprof; a really cool tool…

1 Like