Darktable 3.0 Font size on MacBook to Large

I"m finding the font size is extremely large on my 13" MacBook, in the order of 18-20pt. Can someone enlighten me if possible.

From what I’ve read about darktable 3.0 the css font file is not easily if at all altered. What I did was uninstall darktable and reinstalled cr2 release,and all is normal. Fonts are sized to fit properly in the side panels. The problem has been resolved for me.
Thanks for giving advise.

Index, that was not related to Css font file even if it’s tweakable. That was related to specific MacOS DPI behaviorisme. Fix quitte recently.

Just another thing : it’s not recommanded to modify a file (like Css one) in application package. To tweak a css, it’s better to créateur a thèmes folder on personnel .config folder then create a css file by beginning the file with an @import line ponting on a default css

maybe tweaking screen_dpi_overwrite in .config/darktablerc might be a solution

2 Likes

Thanks! A value of 70.0 looks good on my non-retina 13" MBP.

Be careful on that for 3.0 release because a MacOS fix was made for that this month (can’t remember when exactly but I think a little before 3.0.0rc2 release or between 3.0.0rc2 and 3.0.0). So, if font change with an update, think about change that line to default setting (-1).

As all OS works quite differently (dpi setting) to apply font size, a discussion to integrate a pref fonts preferences is on.

It’s been resolved. I deleted darktable then reinstalled it on my macbook. Everything is perfect now. Can’t explain what went wrong with the first install.

There is a nice Youtube video about this:

A nice one, but better to not change default themes as they will be overwritten (so changes lost) on next darktable update. So not the most durable way.

See Mick Reagan comment on Youtube page of this video explain what I said to him (on his comment, he cite me, Nicolas Auffray) on previous Bruce Williams video about that.