darktable 4.0 support for OM Systems OM-1

I’ve been waiting for DT 4 to enjoy support for my OM-1 RAW files, having seen in a 3.9 build that such support was present. But 4.0 does not recognize my RAW files, so it looks like OM-1 support was dropped somehow. The required RAW samples have been uploaded since about February, 2022. What can be done at this point to get this camera supported?

1 Like

there’s a pr waiting at rawspeed… https://github.com/darktable-org/rawspeed/pull/348

The library that darktable uses for raw decoding is under going a lot of foundational work right now, so new additions have been tabled for the moment.

You were likely using a custom build that integrated the PR referenced by @MStraeten

1 Like

Any progress on this issue? Has the “foundational work” been completed, or is it ongoing?

you can see the status at the pr …

1 Like

What foundational work is going on with Rawspeed? CR3?

How is CR3 related to Olympus?

Again, GitHub is pretty transparent…

Still no progress with this issue? I recently got an OM-1 and I would like to continue using darktable as I did with my previous cameras.

There is a 4.0 version that supports the OM-1 (I also have this camera). But 4.01 doesn’t support it any more. I uninstalled 4.01 and reinstalled the 4.0 OM-1 version, which works fine.

1 Like

Progress for camera support depends at first on progress on rawspeed. And that one hadn’t progress since june to mid October. Main maintainer had other priorities. If nobody help him, that will not progress a lot. For people knowing how to build, the best way is to build darktable with rawspeed branch from that pull request: OM System brand and OM-1 camera support by sarunasb · Pull Request #357 · darktable-org/rawspeed · GitHub

1 Like

All the maintainer needs to donis click “merge” and nobody else can do that. The PR is already there.

Thanks, I’ll try to work with the branch from the PR. It is a pity that this takes so much time to be integrated in the development branch (all the work seems to be done already).

Edit: corrected typo

I suggest you to read Lebedev comments on that PR to understand my comment: SONY ARW, wrong white point messes up the current new Highlight Reconstruction modes · Issue #12616 · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub

@ShutterGram: it’s free software made by people in their free time, not a commercial software made by paid developers. So using petty here is petty and disrespectful for work done.
Nobody force you to buy last model, not supported actually.

From the context, I think ‘pity’ was the word intended… my 2c :grinning:

1 Like

Sorry for my mistake: what I meant was “it’s a pity” as 123sg pointed out. English is my third language, I’m not perfect at it.

2 Likes

Indeed, that change the meaning and I agree that it is a pity :wink:

1 Like

Does this PR still work? I compiled DT with the PR and all the images from the OM-1 look like this:

Images from other cameras are OK.

This may possibly be of interest:
https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4677502be

That link didn’t work for me, but I found another one: Good news: Darktable support for OM-1 RAW/ORFs: Micro Four Thirds Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

Sorry, there was a “be” that disappeared while typing on the phone, and I didn’t discover thar it had been appended to the URL. Good that you found the thread anyhow.

1 Like