Darktable and X-Rite ColorChecker Camera Calibration Software

Morning, @Rajkhand,

A good start is to search this forum.
Enter search word

torger

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

The post I linked to above is slightly off, should be Help converting dcp to icc using dcamprof - #8 by ggbutcher, post 8, not post 7…

It contains exactly what information you need to do the conversion. I don’t know your particular level of ‘expert-ness’, but you’ll need to know how to use a command line shell, and you’ll need to know how to compile a program from its source code. Oh, and the simplest way to get the source code is to clone it from GitHub - Beep6581/dcamprof: DCamProf is a free and open-source command line tool for making camera profiles, and performing tasks related to camera profiles and profiling., but even that will require some study if you’ve not used git. After you get that down, the two commands in the post do the following:

1. Convert the DCP file to a .json file. This is the human-readable format dcamprof uses as an intermediary between profile formats.
  2. Use the .json file from Step 1 to make the ICC profile.

We’re all mere mortals here; all of us have done different things. If your sum experience with computers has been with “mouse-click” applications, this particular process will be daunting, no doubt. But dive in, start with the git clone to get the source, and where you run into problems, just come back here and post. We don’t bite, too hard, anyway… :smiley:

Thanks for your advice, I use a hackintosh and there is a pre compiled binary for DCamProf so no problem there and I am good at using the command line where clear instructions are given. But I am not good at understanding the maths & science of making an icc or DCP profile. In short I can follow the steps.

I also recently used the X-Rite program to make an icc profile but when used with DT the pics are dark even after applying the base curve.

My quest is to make as Color accurate profile as possible with Color checker passport.

Thanks.

Good, then it should go well for you…

I’m rather new to all this color management business also, and I have found the dcamprof doc page to be the best writing on the topic:

http://rawtherapee.com/mirror/dcamprof/dcamprof.html

I still don’t understand half of it, but I keep coming back, finding I understand a bit more every time.