darktable for Windows

Click on the left “Region et langue” and there should be something in French for “Related settings”. But if you start a Control Panel it might be easier

Hi houz

What build od dt are your using ? I have 2.3.0+866 ~gc23bd4a5a

Rather than trying to upload again the raw file (yesterday the upload progressed regularly up to 100 %). At this point the command reply become available and I got the message : there has been an error. I supect that the forum has some size limit put on the files and these are checked only when you try to finalize the post…

Rather than trying again on a raw file, I had the idea to test dt on a jpg file taken at Newark. There is no xmp file along with the jpg, the GPS cordinates were put by LR afterwards the shot.

I first thought, aha, there is no longer a bug… But actually there is.
There is no longer a simple W / E change but there is a shift of the cordinates and the localisation in dt is several hundred of km away from the original location…

EXIF_dt2017-10-27_120115MAP

Attached the jpg file… the was no xmp file, the GPS info is in the jpg

20040324GMT (5).JPG.xmp (3.1 KB)

I noticed that when the file is opened in dt, an xmp is created that collects the editing tasks done under dt

I upload it also for your investigations

Hi peterbud and houz

Great ! After some searches, I was able to access these parameters. As suspected, the comma was defined as the decimal point separator. That is normal for French language but caused me already some problems in the past… data in txt format importations within XL.
So I changed to dot decimal point separator, restarted the computer, cleaned dt folder and copied new copies of the test files.
And as shown on the pictures, the problem is fixed.
Thank you for your help and suggestions.

us

That really shouldn’t happen. In German we use , as the decimal separator, too. I’d like to get this fixed properly but I don’t know how to reproduce the error. :thinking:

So, after a long time there is a new snapshot installer!

As we are in feature freeze rigth now for the upcoming 2.4.0 release we are interested to learn about as many bugs as possible! So please, update and test.

Changes

New features

• variables: More recursion and -escaping
  • Add option to ask before removing empty dirs
  • Add taskbar progressbar
  • local laplacian: make roi aware in darkroom mode

Bugfixes

• bauhaus: Don’t grab focus when hovering with mouse
  • print: properly restore export intent
  • Update style lists when importing a style
  • Fix multi instance in styles applied during export
  • masks: fix undo for clone masks
  • Faster startup with really big libraries
  • borders: fix frame size for the larger borders.
  • Checking for empty mask list before trying to write out to db. Fixes #11758
  • Fix a crash from spot’s legacy_params
  • fix linear equations solver for color checker module
  • Add GPSVersionID to Xmp

Updated translations

• Dutch
  • French
  • Hebrew
  • Italian
  • Spanish

Camera support

• Olympus E-M10 Mark III: color matrix + rawspeed support.
  • Panasonic DC-TZ90: add basic camera support, fixes #11747
  • Add WB presets for Fujifilm X100F (#1541)

Noise profiles

• noise profile: Add Fujifilm X-PRO1, fixes #11769
  • noise profile: Add Olympus Pen E-P5, fixes #11748
  • noise profile: Add Panasonic DMC-FZ200, fixes #11755
3 Likes

If your decimal separator right now is the comma and you don’t have the error, I am puzzled.

I am unable to export images after the update. The error message in german is “Konnte Verzeichnis C:UserMyNameDesktopBetreffenderOrdner nicht erstellen”. It seems that the program does not recognize the slashes in the file path anymore? The slashes are still there in the option menu.

The slashes are wrong, use other slash and will be work :slight_smile:

Damn didn’t even notice that. Thanks!

Hi Dainis, this is exactly the question I was going to ask, about length of time taken to save uncompressed TIFF. I am on a older HP Pavilion 23 with AMD A6 and 8GB of ram and it takes roughly 5 minutes 30 seconds to save a TIFF created from a Fuji X100S RAF raw file. I am going to install Linux for a dual boot and see what the difference is there.

Cheers

Jason

I do have problems with exporting a jpg file to a folder on the desktop with latest release 2.3.0+1021.
When exporting to a folder on the desktop darktable says can’t export,
when exporting to a folder on another drive (D) no problem.

The message: cannot export to CUsersGerDesktoptest,
you see, no slash between different folders (C://Users/Ger/Desktop/Test)

Edit now I see an earlier reply. I’ve to change slashes. Why doesn’t DT do this correct when selecting?

Disregard what I wrote, now It happens for me, too. I will investigate. Thanks for reporting.

Because it’s a bug I didn’t think of as I never use the file selector in the export dialog. I’ll fix it.

thx’s!!!

you are welcome :wink:

And now I am no longer sure that anything is off at all. Let’s start over and make sure that we are on the same page. I tried with your XMP containing the location

exif:GPSLatitude="42,25.407257N"
exif:GPSLongitude="73,44.414062W"

That results in a place about 10km west of a town called Valatie in darktable. Looking at the place in Google maps i get the same:

https://www.google.de/maps/place/42°25’24.4"N+73°44’24.8"W/@42.4193463,-73.7553436,13.75z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d42.4234543!4d-73.7402344

So to me everything looks right. What is the place you expect to see on the map?

Maybe the confusion is caused by different formatting of the coordinates?

We can either express it in degrees and minutes as it’s the case in the XMP file:

N 42° 25.407257'  W 73° 44.414062'

Or we use degrees, minutes and seconds:

N 42° 25' 24.43542"  W 73° 44' 24.84372"

Or one can just use degrees:

N 42.423454283333°  W 73.740234366667°

Hi houz,

You still do have the problem… I got this location too before I changed my
windows separator to dot.
And at that point, the issue seemed to be a W / E issue… Cap Verde Islands
becoming South of Egypt…
and Lisbon south of Corsica… The change on the american picture is less
obvious a shift of 2° North and longitude
almost correct…

The location is did put in LR or the jpg picture and that I do have right
now in DT is

N 40° 44’ 5" (LR) and 40° 44;086’ (DT)
W 74° 10’ 21" (LR) and 40° 10.349’ (DT)

My LR uses DD° MM’ SS"" format while DT uses DD° MM.MMM ’ but the two
cordinates agree within 1 "

In Google Maps, this is the center of the city of Newark (US) about 16 km
west of the end of Manhattan.

We are now talking about two different test files. The XMP you linked and that I cited is definitely NOT wrong in dt, the place outside of Valatie is correct – a shift of less than 1" is irrelevant and due to rounding.

The JPG from Newark is put into the right place, too, both on Linux as well as on Windows. With , as the decimal separator. Could you please double check that the JPG is removed from darktable, close darktable, delete its accompanying XMP file and then open it in darktable again. Select the file, go to map view and double click the image in the filmstrip. Do you still see it in the wrong location?

Also please download the JPG from this thread and don’t use your local original.

Hi houz,

I do not quite understand your logic. There is only ONE correct place for this picture. It is Newark, the place where it was shot and the coordinates that were put by Lightroom. 40° N. Valatie makes no sense for the picture… and Valatie is 2° North of Newark… 42°N
So the goal is to have this picture be placed at 40°N by dt.

I understand your recommendations. to be complete I should also revert to the comma as decimal point separator right ?
So I would be in the same conditions as you.
And finally find Valatie as the “correct” place for the picture ? I would say that is just to reproduce the error.