Darktable Tricks

thanks Mica @paperdigitsand @pphoto for the metatips!

TBH: why not help e.g. here on pixls.us to provide more content instead of starting yet another island of knowledge.

well my idea was just to make more manageable/readable instead of scrolling through an endless series of posts. What I did with my initial draft was to keep the links to the actual posts on this discussion thread (when applicable) as to provide more context.

If you want automated before and after images, that is a whole other level of complexity and you’ll likely need some build script. I think the simpler it is, the better.

I am sure you can have your own category with tips&tricks on pixls.us and your own RSS feed for them. and then people can also provide the same for RT or other relevant programs. Maybe we even manage 1 tip a day!

Hey community … 1 tip a day … do you accept the challenge?

1 Like

The problem is that if the information is good, you get a series of posts anyway, because everyone chips in with their own little variation, thought, or comment.

There are wiki posts here on the forum, where anyone can edit a post. We can certainly do that. Or as @darix suggested, your own subcategory. The problem with all these approaches, and with crowd-sourced content in general, is finding what is good and what is not (and even that is subjective).

Content needs curiation. And that is a lot of work.

1 Like

oh yeah I forgot about wiki posts… 1 wiki post per tip would also work :smiley:

Where do I find these wiki posts?

You can find a wiki post here: [Article Idea]: Beginners/Intro to Free Software Photography

1 Like