Denoise, DT versus RT

That is also incorrect, the difference comes from other tools. Be careful in your tests, else you’re misleading yourself and others.

Thank you for your response and clarification. Pls. correct me if there are errors in the following:

“false color suppression” is part of the demosaic settings, since it is situated in a “frame” under the heading “demosaicing”.

You can turn the ugly blue spots on/off in the image in question by changing the setting of “false color suppression” whether you use AMAZE or LMMSE.
Once the blue spots are present they can be removed by setting the chrominance curve in the denoise module to “equalizer”.

Enabling of false color suppression is not the default with LMMSE in 5.5. When I installed 5.5 RT took over my previous profiles (which is nice) including my high iso profile with settings that are not default anymore. So when you choose LMMSE in 5.5 you will not enable false color suppression by default. I’m sorry if this has mislead some of you guys……

This image is fun to play with!
No demosaicing today. :slight_smile:  Ingredient ratios apply to processing too.  4,.5 .5 .4,.3 2,1 :stuck_out_tongue: