digiKam 7.4.0 is released

Hello thank you for this new release !
I have a problem though (I use the Windows version) : when I select a dark theme, the icons are barely visible, as they remain dark, how can I fix this ?

Didn’t the face recognition also improve in this release?

I haven’t installed version 7.4 yet but earlier versions would sort the icons out when you restarted the program after selecting a theme.
If this doesn’t work, then go to Settings > Configure Digikam > Miscellaneous > Appearance > Change Icon theme to Breeze Dark.
Hope this works for you…

After restarting digikam, icons have not changed. But thanks to you I could manually change the icons. But the “cases à cocher” (in french, sory i don’t know the english for this) remain black.

The face recognition improvements project done while this summer by a student is not yet integrated in master, as code need to be finalized.

The other project to port code to Qt6 framework is mostly completed. All will be merged step by step in master.

“Case à cocher” ==> CheckBox

Check the widget style settings from configuration/miscs dialog page.

Thank you, I chose the “Windows” widget style and got white checkboxes. But it’s not intuitive i must say, i should be done automatically when changing themes…

Normally, this must be the case. See comment on this entry:

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=411289

After installing version 7.4.0 (win10), the ‘person’ labels were gone. I had to roll back to version 7.3.0 to get them back. Weird

The person label ? Do you mean the left sidebar tab, or the faces tree-view (aka empty) ?

faces tree-view empty. I will check and clean the labels with 7.3 before trying again 7.4. It looks like recognition.db is not read and taken into account.

Wanted to let you know that autoupdate on mac os from 7.3 to 7.4 is not working, because the updater is looking for digikam-7.4.0-MacOS-x86-64.pkg.sha256 and there is no such file on download.kde.org. Instead there is digikam-7.4.0-MacOS-x86-64.pkg.sig.

File exists. It’s a virtual file generated by web server:

https://download.kde.org/stable/digikam/7.4.0/digiKam-7.4.0-MacOS-x86-64.pkg.sha256

In fact the typo is in the file name : “digikam” → “digiKam” (note the uppercase ‘K’)

This have been fixed in 7.4.0 and will work while 7.4.0 to 7.5.0 upgrade. See this reports for details: 447087 – Download new version not working

Hello

Thanks for this new version.

For the first time, I launched Showfoto to explore.
This downloaded a module.
But the first time you launch Digikam this also loads a module.
Then this module is loaded two times and there are two occurrences of the same module in the disk. Right ?

Yes. Files are stored in separated hidden application data directory from your home folder. Showfoto only download few small model files compared to digiKam, as it’s only used for red eyes detection. digiKam store large models used for face detection and recognition. The gain to factoring storage will be limited.

Hi, love digikam, been using and contributing $ for several years now. I’m on Windows 11 and just upgraded to 7.4.0 and get the following error message when clicking on the map tool:
In case the image didn’t come through, the error reads:
“No plugins were loaded, please check if the plugins were installed in one of the following paths:
System Path: C:/Program Files/digikam
Local Path: C:/Users/my name/AppData/Local/.marble/plugins
Also check if the plugin is compiled against the right version of Marble. Analyzing the debug messages inside a debugger might give more insight.”
On my computer the Local Path terminates at /.marble, with no plugins folder. I’m not sure what file(s) to be looking for, but nothing with ‘marble’ in the name appears in the System Path.
I reverted to 7.3.0 and the marble map within Digikam works perfectly, no errors. I reinstalled 7.4.0 a few times with the same error, reverting back to 7.3.0 each time, which successfully restored marble functionality. I’m not familiar with debugging, so don’t know how to get debug messages, but would be happy to try if you can walk me through it. Thanks!

There is already a pre-release digiKam-7.5.0 where the marble plugin problem is fixed.

https://files.kde.org/digikam/

The pre-release version carries out a database update for MySQL. Alternatively, with the already installed digiKam-7.4.0 version, you could copy/move the plugins from C:\Program Files\digiKam\plugins\*.dll to C:\Program Files\digiKam\.

Awesome, thanks! Merry Christmas.

thanks! Merry Christmas

It is always nice to have the updates.
However, one thing keeps “not working” (linux).
After using the editor for editing a file, the “view” jumps back to some photo before, which is very annoying as we need to scroll down back to where we were. This has been for a few releases and across different distributions.
Not sure how to file the bug…