Discontinuous hue ranges

I saw it before but I never understood what it meant or in which situations is might be useful.

Can you explain a bit more?

I still think this is not straitforward because for a drawn mask ā€¦ eg adding 1 and 2 means the same as 2 and 1 they are static so that math give you the same maskā€¦but because the order could matter in a parametric mask 1 and 2 is not the same as 2 and 1 potentially as they are not static and what 2 is with the same slider settings could be different if it comes first or second in that operationā€¦if you could parallel process ie use the same input data for 1 and 2 then you could do predictable math on them. But trying to keep track of this on top of how multiple mask channels interact within one parametric mask and what mode ie inclusive or exclusive would make it hard I think to control what you were getting as a resultā€¦

Thanks for the link! I think that makes more sense but just to make sure.

With the input mask you get approximately the area you want (here with hues) but there will be some spots that you canā€™t avoid. You apply the transformation (again in the video a hue rotation) and then when you blend with the image before the module was applied you only blend the hue specificied in the output range slider (in the video only the areas with the blue hues). Am I getting it right?

So in this case would it make sense for the output sliders to exist as a global option for all the mask within the module or could they be applied for each mask differently?

sQsA Darktable - short question _ short answer - darktable - discuss.pixls.us.pdf (2.7 MB)

I always kept this one to use as an example of the output masksā€¦