Dng vignetting correction via opcodes?

As far as i have understood whilst talking with Ingo of FreeDcam’s app, seems that many smartphone are using dng opcodes for vignetting correction.

I think it could be nice to have them supported with Raw Therapee.

e.g. https://raw.pixls.us/getfile.php/1877/nice/HUAWEI%20-%20DLI-L22%20-%2016bit%20(4:3).dng

He has showed me that with adobe camera raw vignetting is automagically fixed, i think it would be a good improvement.

Also it would be also nice to have this bug fixed for both lensfun and lcp vignetting correction: Lensfun vignetting correction and clipped highlight · Issue #4169 · Beep6581/RawTherapee · GitHub (if you need the files again, i’ll re-upload them, this time to a more permanent place :wink: ).

Thank you in advance.

Yes, please upload the files again.

Link here: RawTherapee-Vignetting – Google Drive

Unfortunatly honor6a vignetting isn’t yet in lensfun official db you can find the xml.

I attached also the image i took for vignetting profiling (i have tried also to use it for flat field, but didn’t worked fine… - here the tryout: Night picture with a phone - #13 by ggc )

Thank you!

The color cast when using flat field file for vignetting correction most likely is caused by some special pixels (maybe pdaf, don’t know). Have a look at this screenshot which clearly shows a pattern of brighter blue pixels.

1 Like

@ilias_giarimis Can you have a look at the flat field dng please?

@heckflosse thank you! Isn’t there a way to disable color correction with darkfield, leaving only luminance correction?

About pdafs, @ilias_giarimis already took a look → White dots in raw - #4 by ilias_giarimis

Thank you again.

I had a look at your dng from the Huawei. It seems there is opcode 9 (GainMap), which can be used for flat field correction. I’ll have a look how that can be used…