EOS Rebel T7 - Linux Mint 21.2 Darktable 4.8.0 - RAW too dark and weird colors while importing in Darktable

Then what exactly is the problem with other images?
You can always set white balance through the droppers, or “by hand”.

Conversion to dng might be a little bit more convenient (although it is an extra step, and creates an extra file to keep track of), but it should be possible to create white balance presets once and use those.

Using white balance factors of 1,1, 1 will cause a green image, but if you use color calibration (*) and set the illuminant to blackbody with a CCT of about 3500-4000 you should get a decent starting point (but perhaps not correct yet). If that doesn’t work, there might be a different issue than missing WB presets.

(*) make sure the white balance module is set to “camera reference”.

I cannot. I do not own the camera and my friend is far away this week. Next week maybe.

Again, I do not know. Not my camera, tried to help my friend and there was no chance to correct the issue inside darktable. Workaround was cloning GitHub - dnglab/dnglab: Camera RAW to DNG file format converter or downloading a binary provided by them and converting the images.

Just trying to help to solve / workaround the original problem.

If the original poster of this question can provide a sample image, then you can try it by yourself.

Just for info: Adobe also had trouble with the camera:

Greenish raw files from 2000D may also be due to Bad columns in left optical black area Canon EOS 2000D · Issue #717 · darktable-org/rawspeed · GitHub

Easy to solve if that is the case.