External Editor Adobe Photoshop Installation Directory

:

As you can see Rawpedia informs us that a SAVING operation occurs through an independent external folder of a temporary nature…described in the following snapshot:

:

You will notice that MacOS is possibly going to store this temporary file in something like $TMPDIR or possibly /tmp.
The next snapshot shows the actual path used by MacOS Catalina to store the temporary RT file and there are 6 subdirectories to navigate to get to the RT image:

:

Rawpedia advises us to watch the temporary folder for cleaning up as it could have as many as 20000 images stored in that folder and its up to myself(user) to manage that folder. I experimented by restarting my Mac and immediately saw that the stored image of 2 minutes earlier was deleted by Mac. I suppose that the point is Rawpedia does’nt ever touch that temporary folder …however MacOS deletes immediately on shutdown!
The option of using the command line to save the RT image in the raw image folder is the only reliable way to go as I can then go on to open Photoshop as a separate operation (SSDHD drive opens Photoshop instantly).Photoshop will then return the image back to the raw folder and in that folder we have the complete record of work done by both applications.
In summary;

• I would sincerely suggest closing down the option to go directly from RT to Photoshop

• The Command line is the smartest safest way to process, record and interchange images between applications