Fifty Shades of Gray theme is broken... Will fix soon

We previously only had one option for those of us that liked a darker theme for the forum. That theme was called Fifty Shades of Gray and was made by me! A recent update to the forum software caused some minor issues with this theme, so we disabled it until I can find some time to fix it. Sorry about that
But don’t worry too much, there are two other dark themes now! Gray Amber and Default Dark. I don’t care too much for the really bright highlight color that each have (bright yellow and bright cyan, respectively).

So I’ll get around to fixing the Fifty Shades of Gray soon!

EDIT: Move a few posts here from the pelican thread, didn’t want to make that thread so off topic.

1 Like

Yes … the dark theme is darker, and has new blue highlights in the interface rather than a pale grey.

1 Like

FYI I coded the old dark theme myself. The latest update caused a problem with that theme, but I don’t have time to look into it now. The update also brought some of discourse’s own dark themes, which are nice, but I don’t like the yellow or blue very much.

When I can find the time, I’ll fix my “fifty shades of gray” theme :wink:

1 Like

That’d be fab, @paperdigits … to my way of thinking the new dark theme is also too dark, but I can live with the irritation for a month or two :slight_smile:

Try the Gray Amber theme.

Please, I need my Fifty Shades !!1!!!1

@paperdigits … thanks for the really nice theme and the work you put into it. I will wait patiently until you fixed it.