File name of calibrared and registered

I use a script to stacking image and during the process Siril use a calibrated and registered file name like pp_file_NNN.fit. Is it possible to left the originale file name like this pp_.fit?

Siril works on sequence. Sequences need to match a string pattern: basename#, where # is the index of the sub.
So as long as you respect this naming convention you can update your script as you want.

Thank you for the good news. But I don’t know how to manage to left the originale name
here is the python code:

process_dir = r'F:\siril\workdir'
cmd.set16bits()
cmd.setext('fit')
cmd=Wrapper(app)    #2. its wrapper
app.Open()          #2. ...and finally Siril
cmd.cd(light_dir)
cmd.convert( 'light', out=process_dir)
cmd.cd( process_dir )
cmd.preprocess('light', dark=r'F:\zzzImage\master\bin2\fit\masterDark_BIN-2_EXPOSURE-120.00s.fit', 
               flat=r'F:\zzzImage\master\bin2\fit\masterFlat_BIN-2_FILTER-Lum_Mono.fit')
cmd.register('pp_light')

I use the convert command, but don’t find the way to manage the name

The first argument of convert is the output name. So instead of ‘light’, put the name you want.

This is not enough to me, I need to keep the original name of every files. An example of file name is ngc2043_20220125_203211_L_600s_1x1_-20.1_049rms.fit

So it does not follow the naming convention.

so I need a script that rename the file after the registering. Thank you

After the registration step, if you take the registered filenames, say r_pp_light_00001.fits, remove the prefix and follow the symlink, you’ll land back on your original filename. You can then rename them as per your preferences.

Cheers,

C.

I’m on Windows system and I haven’t the symlink, I have a copy of the original file. I don’t know if is a problem with my script

You can activate Windows developer mode (procedure described there: Siril - Whole image processing (pre-processed with scripts)) to get symlinks. You will spare time and space :wink:
(I’m on Windows too and an enthusiast user of pySiril)

C.

What a wonderful news!!! Thank you very much, I’ll try tomorrow after the night session end :slight_smile:
Not sure how to get the name from a symlink in Python, but I think it is a solved classic problem