Foul blue LED lights

2023-03-10_19-12-33_P1080015.RW2.xmp (11.1 KB)

I stop here for now, too hard!

4 Likes

Wow, seems like the Tone Equalizer did some very nice clean-up!

If you are taking about @s7habo , then I don’t think he did use the tone eq at all in his edit… just looked at the history stack…

I think the wizard here is the channel mixer… ie using the color calibration module…

Not that this is a good or final edit but you can deal with a lot of the blue…

Only 2 modules here on top of legacy WB…as shot . The skin tones would need some work and other parts but that could be done to taste. This uses the blue channel in gray tab but you can also get a nice fix working the blue channel in the channel mixer tab…

2 Likes

2023-03-10_19-12-33_P1080015.RW2.xmp (10.2 KB)

1 Like

In that case, I’ll be looking for anything that is labeled as a channel mixer, or has a similar function in my available software (RawTherapee, GIMP).

Thanks!

Both have it.

Gimp:

RawTherapee:

2 Likes

István, thank you!
(I had only noticed the one in RawTherapee.)

My fun in RawWorks0.0.23 and GIMP

and

2 Likes

Revisiting with sigmoid + rgb primaries. Screenshots only, for a quick demo.

sigmoid with settings based on the new ‘AgX-like’ smooth preset, but with the primaries reset to neutral values (contrast: 1.4, per-channel processing, preserve hue: 0%):

With the smooth preset:

With the blue inset at 50%:

The same sequence for another image:

Blue boosted in an additional instance placed above sigmoid:

3 Likes

I have also found the grey tab in CC to be a nice tweak for the blue …I would have to go home and check the exact setting but setting the blue channel to 1.0 in the gray tab in bypass mode and then drop the opacity to 0 and slowly raise it will nicely pull the blue out… I think i tried a version with average as the blend mode as well…