four frames and a wall

Revisited this older one using darktable 3.0.2 and kinda like it. Just want to share.

I’m also interested to see what others will do with it…

Sidecar:4.frames.and.wall.nef.xmp (15.2 KB)
RAW: 4.frames.and.wall.nef (14.6 MB)
License: CC BY-NC-SA 4.0

2 Likes

Perspective a little off in an uncanny way. A fun image nevertheless.

In what way?

The two lower windows are showing what is behind me, the two top windows what is inside the building and the top of the top windows show the trees behind me… That should throw you of a bit and is why I took the shot in the first place.

I wish I had a selective polarizing filter. Would have been nice to clean up the reflections in the lower 2/3 of the top windows.

Or did I straighten out the vertical lines too much? The original does taper towards the top.

Having had lensfun fun in a recent thread, thought I’d give it a go on the bricks. Turns out lensfun has this lens in the database, but the measurements were taken with a APS-C D7000 so the crop factor of the database entry is larger than what lensfun will allow. Even though the lens is a “full frame” (crop factor 1.0) lens… Anyway:

From the linear RGB, filmic to lift the shadows, then a bit of HSL saturation .

1 Like

This was shot with a D700 + Nikkor 60mm. So, full-frame. I did not look in the lensfun database and noticed the “wrong” data. Nicely spotted!

I like the way your wall looks. It’s more evenly illuminated than mine.

BTW: How’s your Rawproc rewrite coming along?

a-4.frames.and.wall-2.jpg.out.arp (12.0 KB)

Use of LCP.
Note: on RT and ART you get a warning if measurement crop factor is greater than camera crop factor.

I finished the parser/processor rewrite a week or so ago. Now, it’s on to lensfun and exiv2; with the integration of those two libraries (lensfun is already there, some things don’t work to my satisfaction yet), then I’ll feel good declaring 1.0.

What concerns me with lensfun in the situation of your camera/lens is that there doesn’t seem to be a notification of failure due to that specific condition. All I could tell was “no match for the specified lens”. It’s that category of things I still need to work out…

4.frames.and.wall.nef.xmp (12.3 KB)

1 Like

4.frames.and.wall.nef.xmp (8.4 KB) 4.frames.and.wall_01.nef.xmp (9.2 KB)

@everybody:

Thanks for the contributions thus far. Always nice to see how others edit a given RAW.

DT (tried some channel mixer) + gimp for faking the missing bricks

My take, Thanks for sharing DT 3.0.1

4.frames.and.wall.nef.xmp (11.1 KB)