From Lightroom to Darkatble. I'm a little bit lost. Any help, please?

Thanks Todd. I just watched this video by AP. I picked up some useful information from it. While I am not yet convinced about guided laplacians as a highlight reconstruction method, I did like the ways he tackled magenta highlights in filmic. I also feel more comfortable with the saturation sliders in color balance RGB module. I also now better understand the preserve chrominance options in filmic.

I wouldn’t necessarily recommend this video for a person inexperienced in working with filmic, but it is very useful for those coming from version 4 or 5 and struggling to understand the changes implemented in V6. I have definitely learnt some good things watching this video.

Check out this YT creator…great video on using filmic for highlights and he did a 3 part series…really nice topical and short…I really like how he tackles the content…

4 Likes

I just watched this video. This guy really explains a very technical problem in a very understandable way. I loved how he proved DT is innocent of causing magenta highlights and showed how to effectively use the highlight reconstruction tab in Filmic. I must confess that despite watching AP’s videos on highlight reconstruction I was not really a fan of this method in filmic and tended to explore options like reconstruct in LcH. But this example will definitely inspire me to learn and use the reconstruct module in filmic more. I recommend this video to anyone interested in highlight reconstruction. Very clear and to the point video.

2 Likes