Fuji X-E2 RAF Files from v4.0 firmware

Hello, I’ve just posted on the github topic; I’ve been given a fix by the dcraw author and can now open X-E2 and X-Pro2 raws in RT again. I’d include the link but I’m a new member :frowning:

Would be great if someone could test it and get it integrated (never used minGW & github etc, too many years in the dark embrace of visual studio).

1 Like

@RTCharles
Thanks for providing the DNG. It definitely gets demosaiced by RT! You also can verify that yourself by changing the demosaic algorithm to ‘none’ in ‘Raw tab’ section ‘Sensor with X-Trans Matrix’. If you zoom in when demosaic ‘none’ is selected you’ll see the typical X-Trans pattern, which you wouldn’t be able to see if the DNG already was demosaiced.

Ingo

1 Like

I’ve made you a basic member, you should be able to post a link now if you want to try.

@arangast Thanks for the patch. I’ll try and push it asap.

Ingo

2 Likes

Wonderful. We spread news about the use of DNG Converter now. The X-Pro 2 might ship to some customers at the end of February. If RT is ready, we can spread the news that RT processes X-Pro 2 RAF files when the first ordinary commercial customers get their cameras.

@patdavid, @heckflosse Thanks guys!

I pushed the fix to rt-master branch. However for X-Pro 2 there is still an Issue with right border: X-Pro 2 right border black

I just pushed the fix for X-Pro 2 to RT master branch. Happy testing :slightly_smiling:

Thank you. I haven’t used a make file in years, so when someone builds a Windows 7 64-bit executable, I’ll run the four RAFs that I’ve collected from around the Web through it.

Edit: Okay, I see that Sebastien Guyader posted a Windows 7 64-bit executable at http://filebin.net/mgofm89ydb
With it, the four X-Pro 2 RAFs I’ve collected all opened fine, saved full-size JPGs that are 6018 by 4018 pixels. Here is a screenshot of the RT previews of the four images, some or all no doubt familiar to you.

The embedded JPG of the second one, the lady at the piano, is in black and white; e.g., open the RAF in Fast Stone. As you see, the preview here is in color. I don’t know how RT is supposed to behave.

@RTCharles see File Browser - RawPedia for thumbnail behavior.

I’ve managed to build master, but I prefer the GTK3 version. What would I have to make the Fuji X-E2 fix to the gtk version?
Also, am I correct that if I build a gtk version I can just copy the RawTherapee.exe over the version that came with the v4.2.699 Windows install?

@andy.mcdonald

git checkout gtk3
git cherry-pick 6d7e2df

@heckflosse, thanks for that - I’ll try it out later.

Thanks @heckflosse that has worked perfectly!

@andy.mcdonald You’re welcome :slight_smile:

Hi all. First time I write in the new forum so I’m still checking how it works.
I’ve just found out this thread after a research since today I’ve shot some RAFs with my X-E2 and I had the same problem as above. In the file browser I see the RAF files but I cannot edit them. RT crashes.
I’ve read above but I wonder if a solution has been found. I have the 4.0.12.0 version on Ubuntu. I’ve read other software like Lightroom, I guess, can read the RAFs but I’d like to avoid installing other stuff on the computer.

@lleo X-E2 raw files work fine in the latest development versions. Don’t use 4.0.12, it’s over 2 years old.
http://rawpedia.rawtherapee.com/Linux

Hi Morgan and thank you for the help. That almost sounds greek to me, lol. So let me see. I have first to remove the RT version I have now. Then I have to install dependencies, in my case for Ubuntu 12.04, After it I have to compile it. Due the fact I only read “the manual way”, I guess there’s only that way to do it. But things like the branch and build type… should I chose debug or release? Not really user friendly to do… As somebody else wrote in some place here, this is more a matter for programmers than for users.

@lleo hey. Ubuntu 12.04 is 4 years old, so you won’t be able to run the latest versions of specialized software on it, at least not without some greasy work under the hood. The instructions I linked you to are simple to follow and worked well when I wrote them, but by now I doubt they will work in Ubuntu 12.04, for example because Ubuntu 12.04 only ships GCC-4.6.3 while RawTherapee now requires minimum GCC-4.9.

http://packages.ubuntu.com/precise/allpackages

While it is possible to upgrade the version of GCC in 12.04, I won’t link you to the easily googlable instructions because you can break your system.

As I replied to that person, the correct thing for you, a user, to do is to ask the people who run the distribution you chose to use to add the latest version of RawTherapee to it, if possible. Have you done that? And have you checked RawTherapee - Downloads and contacted the person who runs the repository?

Hi Morgan thanx for the answer. Actually I use that Ubuntu version because my pc is a little old. I haven’t asked the person who runs the repository to add the last one. I didn’t even know it was possible. I have to check it out.