Fujifilm film simulation profiles for adobe and other raw processors

I recently completed a new version of my set of camera profiles and luts for replicating fuji film simulations with non fuji cameras.

Repo on github: FujifilmCameraProfiles
Included are data to make a dcp profile for any camera and a cube lut

The project is mostly geared toward adobe camera raw and lightroom but I thought some users of this forum would also be interested. If people are interested, I may add a format compatible with more raw processors.

10 Likes

Hi @Aaron_b and welcome! Thanks for sharing these with us and providing them under a free culture license. That is very kind of you!

If you wouldn’t mind sharing, how did you make these luts?

Are they meant as a “final look” kind of out, or should they be applied to the linear data just after demoasic?

2 Likes

Interesting! If I’m understanding this correctly, we wouldn’t need the DCP profiles on darktable, as it’s input profile matrices are based on Adobe’s matrices anyway, and there is no default base curve added until filmic/sigmoid by default.

I’ve done a similar project myself, but I don’t have access to a classic neg capable camera. Would you mind sharing your target shots for classic neg (raw and JPEG)? Or how did you derive the LUTs?

1 Like

They are a final look lut, applied after most adjustments. In adobe, the rgb lut is the very last step in the process, but the profile table and curve are applied earlier. Which one to use is mostly a matter of preference if the editable curve is applied before or after.

I am not planning on sharing the source files or code but the luts are made by interpolating color samples from images exported from adobe camera raw.

2 Likes

I shoot an X-T4, which has the same sensor as the XPro3. I also love the native Fuji colors and have been looking for a way to replicate them in RawTherapee. After downloading the .dcp files and testing them out on my system, and I attest that they look really, really close. I have an upcoming senior portrait season and will be using these so I can get the best of both worlds. Thanks for making these available.

3 Likes

I run the YouTube channel FOSS Edits, and I just uploaded a video showing the use of these profiles.

4 Likes

really nice, thank you! i have converted the cube files to png via gmic as explained here for use with art: Cube to CLUT, possible? - #3 by floessie

[eg ```
gmic input.cube r 64,64,64,3,3 r 512,512,1,3,-1 o output.png

1 Like

I have added cube and png luts in the sRGB color space. This seems to be the most widely compatible format.

5 Likes

Awesome, thank you! Especially since darktable doesn’t support DP3 LUTs.

Cool! I believe this has been done a few times before, so it’d be interesting to compare the methods for conversion. Here’s one interpretation: https://gmic.eu/color_presets/fujixtransiii_sample_1.html#browse