Gamut issues should I be worried??

@dqpcoxeas you edits have given the bird a very defined edge which I like. How was ths achieved in your hands.

1 Like

If you walk through the xmp to me it is the tone eq that really sets the stage…there are a lot of pushing and pulling in CB instances and at the end local contrast probably enhances the effect but to me that tone eq adjustment is a big factor… its a sort of grunge look in the end to my eye… As well at least 3 if not four of the CB instances crush the blacks by dropping global luminance… dropping global luminance in CB is almost like a black point adjustment…

Nice edit as always…my only thoughts were that the bird still sort of blends into that background as I see it (I’m blind though :slight_smile: ). I see that you did try to pull some of the green out with your second instance of CB… I made a couple of changes only there. I pulled out more green. I turned off the normalization as that seemed to really attenuate the effect and I also at the same time lightened the green in that instance… So 3 small changes… but basically your edit… Using the details slider most of the way left isolates nicely the bird and the branch from the background so that is your edit all the way on the bird and the branch…

I like how it lets the bird and branch stand out but you can be the judge…
ER6_2855 (2)_02.CR3.xmp (17.9 KB)

2 Likes